1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advise regarding selling a website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by netro1, Jun 13, 2010.

Hi

I tried to post this in the Adult section but it wouldn't let me, so this is the next best place I could find. Apologies, and mods please move to a more appropriate area if you can.

Right, I am seeking advice on how to go about selling an adult website. Obviously, I would need to transfer the domain and hosting account. Can someone help me out? How should I go about this, assuming I have found a buyer? Would I just give them access to the hosting account to take the site content (a MediaXXX script)? Or should I get the webhost/domain registrar involved? (Both registrar and web host are the same company).

Also, how much should I expect to sell my site for? Here are the specs:

- Fully owned/licensed MediaXXX licence and installation
    - Average daily unique hits = 2,000
    - Monthly hits average around 50 - 60,000 unique
    - 1000 + registered members
    - 13000 + videos (around 300 are on the site, the rest are embedded)
    - Plenty of advertising space
    - Site has been established for just over 1 year

That's about it.

Any help much appreciated! Advice regarding the selling process and website worth please!

:cool:

netro1, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  2. netro1

netro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, I realise there is a market place here for website sales, but I just want an overview of the general process of selling, as I may find a buyer elsewhere.

Thanks

netro1, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  3. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From the stats you have provided, we can fairly assume that website is established.
    For an established website buying price are usually decided by monthly revenue generate by the site.
    A site usually sells for 4x- 12x times the monthly revenue (depending upon the work it needs to maintain the website).
    However, your site have good number of members, which also have its worth.
    In some cases buyer may feel that you were unable to monetize your site properly and hence may see a further potential. In that case you may get a better offer.

The above mentioned points are just rough guidelines. They are not hard and fast rule.

For selling the website you may try the Adult section of DP. (Just go through FAQs to find the requirements of posting a sales thread in BST ).
    Flippa is certainly a good option to sell established sites, but I think they don't allow adult sites.

As for your question of transferring the site to buyer's webhost, you can simply reach an agreement with buyer before the deal. Either buyer can transfer the site or you can hire someone to do that for you.

arpitagarwal82, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  4. maxlaroche

maxlaroche Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you make any money from the website?

maxlaroche, Jun 15, 2010 IP