1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advisory: Flipkart.com - Beware of Flipkart Scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sap2010, Dec 11, 2012.

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this thread. Moderator please move it to relevant forum if required. I want to bring to everybody's attention the scam that Flipkart is running in the name of "great customer services. I bought from flipkart.com a book for Rs.799, believing their ads and self-proclaimed service level. To my surprise, book had a label of Rs.750. When I contacted Flipkart for return of the product and refund, they first told me that they will issue a refund of Rs.49 which will be credited to Flipkart.com wallet then told me to send back the book and later told me over phone that they are arranging a return pick-up but I never received any detail for return pick-up. However, now they are not listening to my requests, nor responding to my emails and support requests.

Flipkart online service was caught in the act of over-pricing and is now not ready to accept mistake and fulfill customer service which they advertise on television and Internet. They are a rip-off and running a scam by advertising "low cost" and selling for price higher than printed. When requested for refund, they stop listening to their customers.

To let everyone know that it is real, the ORDER ID is OD21207020127 and was for a book "How the Mighty Fall" by Jim Collins. I have dropped multiple notes to flipkart.com but no luck.

Those going crazy for online shopping with Flipkart.com, make sure that you check this advisory before buying with them.

Check other Flipkart.com review on the web for more stories.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    sap2010, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  2. sap2010

sap2010 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Update: After 1 month I got cheque for the amount I paid for this order. However "now", Flipkart.com has moved away its commitment to refund courier charges incurred to return the book.

Flipkart.com initially mentioned to arrange the pick-up, then asked me to courier it and email them the receipt slip so that they can issue refund. However, they sent me a cheque of the order value and have embezzled the courier charges for return.

Now they are non-responsive and are not communicating with me. They forgot that they are a part of a legal system, which need to peep into their practices of cheating the consumers.

Unfortunately, I am left with no option but to approach consumer court at both my city and Bangalore. I am happy to emanate because the giant needs a kick at its back before it realizes that not all fingers are same. They cannot loot and escape, even if it is matter of 1 penny.

Those, reading Flipkart.com's refund or return policy beware. Do not get into a trap.

Flipkart.com scam needs a media exposure too.

sap2010, Jan 10, 2013 IP