1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

For someone with no interest in Alex Doyle you continue to fuel discussion.

First of all Alex Doyle Associates never masqueraded as a customer, we posted a written testimonial and protected the identity.

Secondly Alex Doyle never once tried to bribe digital point with removing threads, that was your interpretation and you posted it to fuel further discussion. For a neutral party you seem to perpetuate scepticism!

Thirdly, Alex Doyle sent a professional and confidential e-mail to yourself, which YOU POSTED within a day. Professional courtesy at its best. Alex Doyle was being victimised and massive defamation of character was occuring through libellous statements posted. Wouldn't you consider seeking damages if it was your company suffering this? I think so. No threats were made just facts and a request for co-operation.

Thankyou Tops30 for replying, corresponding and posting your last comments. It means alot to everyone at Alex Doyle Associates. You are a true gentleman and a nice guy also. :)

Ps Feel free to check the Ip address of swift loans Shawn.

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  2. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    So why didn't you post this from your usual Alex Doyle account? You could have still kept the testimonial idendity a secret, e.g. 'company x'.

magellan, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  3. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I have found another Swift that does loans...this site is under construction

http://www.swift.co.uk/

Andrew, could you let us know which one it was that you have done work for and which keywords have been optimised.

Kirkburton, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  4. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Kirkburton, ring me and I will give you the details. You got to understand I have to protect my clients, and don't want to publish any details on this forum. The same way I wouldn't publish any existing clients.

5. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Magellan,

It was a different user that published the testimonial, so obviously it was a different call sign.

6. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    It wasn't clear that the user was from Alex Doyle though...

7. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we should give the guys a chance to sort it out.

They said there were about 5 disgruntled customers, there are 9 in this thread alone and no doubt others in the other thread, but they say they are sorting it out so I say let them.

Following in TOPS30's lead.

I personally can't understand why it takes so long to get back to people and can understand clients concerns when you (used royally) seem to be avoiding them, intentionally or not, but if ADA are contacting their disgruntled clients on here and sorting everything out, then I think you guys have achieved what you wanted, maybe belatedly.

Has anyone been contacted by them yet, and has your site been sorted?

Of course everything that past clients on here say of them is only third-party information, so you make your own decision on whether to believe it or not.

I have my own information from speaking with them and information they have posted about us, so I'll make my own decisions based on that. If anyone is interested in our opinion then of course we'll tell you.

But it seems as if things are on the up, we're never going to all agree on correct seo methods thats competition, however I have to agree with TOPS30 about giving guarantees about 27 #1 positions. Google clearly says that's impossible and I'm inclined to believe them, furthermore I really don't believe any other seo company in their right mind would guarantee them either, but horses for courses.

At the end of the day, you sign a contract and if you don't read it first, that's your foolishness.

ITC, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  8. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Gang, Just to confirm that ... Yes i have been contacted by ADA over the last 2 days...With promises to do the work on one of my site (incl new website - FOC (5 pages) as they have now told me that they could not opt that site... so in all fairness to ADA. If they can get me a new site plus opt at the same time...and be No 1 - with the Keyword's "Removals" "Man and Van" and all this within the next 4 weeks then i will be a happy man. Site is www.manandvanpeterborough.co.uk I have copied and saved the current details for this site...and will see what happens over the next week or so.

peterjohnston917, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  9. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    ITC, I have been contacted, and have had some new code sent to me to incorpoate, even though I was told there was nothing wrong with my current code. I shall incorporate this code when I get home this evening.

As to whether I'm satisfied or not, I'll let you know at the end of September.

Kirkburton, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  10. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks ITC,

It seems we are all being more reasonable, that's all we asked for in the first place, thankyou.

11. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    ..... And still no correspondance from Fluffy white clouds?

12. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys mention 4 weeks and end of September, I don't know what you 've been told, but any new work we do for a client we warn them they may have to wait anywhere between 2 and 12 weeks to see the end results.

We generally get new ranking based on - 'on the page' content within a few days, but the major improvements come when Google and the others do their Merry Dance.

We, nor no other seo company has any control over the search engines and so we are totally beholden unto them to when they do it.

We are in this for long-term high ranking results not quick fix in one minute out the next results and so it is always worth the wait. Which has been proven many a time at our end with one client still at No.1 for 6 terms after 2 years.

We can get you quick fix results like anyone else, but they won't stay there!

ITC, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  13. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    It is good to see some positive actions coming out of this thread.

Peter - I hope your site gets to #1 for those keywords within 4 weeks. We will see ;)

14. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Doyle Media, why is it you want to close this thread but you persist in trying to receive responses to peoples previous threads?

It's time to work with your clients who have complained in this forum.

You've obviously done the right thing in finally communicating with your clients, now this thread should be finished, and any future unsatisfied clients should use the usual channels in the UK by complaining to the company direct in writing or contacting the trading standards.

We have free speach and people have made that choice in this forum, now let it be and let's get on with what we are all here to do and that is learn how to optimise and run our businesses to the best of our ability..

Darren :)

DarrenC, Aug 11, 2004 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  15. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    The only reason I want to recieve replies, is because the user in question went on to the forum making claims. If he is an exsiting client, I would like them to contact me immediately so we deal with these claims. Without knowing who they are I can't do anything or solve the problems presented. However, it seems strange that they hide their identity and I would like to get to the bottom of this.

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  16. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    This article may be of some interest to this thread:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002002970_nwbizbriefs12.html

magellan, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  17. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Now you have opened a can of worms.

ITC, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  18. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all...I am pleased to say I managed to get a refund via my credit card company in the last few weeks. I had a call from Andrew Morris on Wednesday and I explained the obvious reasons for not wanting to continue with their services.

To be honest we had quite a frank and friendly chat and Andrew accepted my position and has kindly written to me acknowleding my refund and termination of our contract.

Whatever business we are in - if we don't look after the customer, someone else will!

albereto, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  19. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    To ADA - I am a customer of yours, www.golfholidayinspain.co.uk and have noticed all the comments in the forum, most recent of which appear to be sent by unhappy customers of ADA and Doyle Media getting embroiled in lengthy battles trying to defend themselves. I don't have a problem with that except it doesn't fill me with much confidence in ADA. Whilst I have no idea whether ADA's proposal to guarantee top spot in 27 different search engines is totally feasible, I can say that since my money was debited from my credit card back in March 2004, I am definitely not #1 in 27 search engines...when searching for my URL it still does not even appear in Yahoo, let alone when searching with my key terms.

Initially, during March and April...hands up, your work disappeared when I made a change to the site. However, I did explain from the outset that I used a webcreating tool to make changes and I was not able to edit my code but I was advised that this would be no problem and you would get my site to the top. Eventually, May/June time, ADA employees M and J said buy some FTP software and that's what I done and told me to upload your work myself, I also done this. I uploaded the ADA work and ADA confirmed for me to just wait...it takes time. If it was done approx 2 months ago and it's only supposed to take approx 4 weeks to get to #1 then what's gone wrong? In addition to this, exactly what is being done by ADA to get my site promoted as my last report did not make good reading. I appear in Jayde only. I'm also concerned that I had a phonecall exactly 1 week ago by A. of ADA who suggested that I paid more money as ADA had expended monies in re-submitting. Does this then mean my site has not been sumitted or re-submitted and I'm sitting here like a lemon waiting for listings? Why mention on 6th August that I must pay more - isn't £700 enough, incidently I have seen no real evidence to-date in terms of proper results - ones that will be found in Google, Yahoo etc. so I assume either the system doesn't work or I haven't been submitted. So, the question is: What have I received in exchange for the money? I'm not trying to cause trouble and it's only my word against L of ADA but I was reassured the money would be taken when I get to #1 in all engines?
    My proposal to ADA is simply get me to # 1 in 27 search engines in 4 weeks time. If ADA can't deliver, then money back. I think this is a fair and reasonable suggestion, what ever happens...be it good or bad news I will post on this forum. Not a threat in anyway and nothing intended to be against your company or employees, just facts stated here...and this could be good for everyone. Due to my busy job etc. I don't read this forum every day so I won't be responding to the extent that many of you do. Perhaps Doyle Media could concentrate efforts into sorting out my site. Please don't respond to this or ask me to ring you, just get my site to # 1 within 4 weeks or issue me with a refund. On 3/9/04 I will post the outcome. Again, don't take this as a threat, remember...ADA cold called me, I didn't come looking for you. ADA sales pitch included don't waste money on Google Ads as they're not cost effective etc and said ADA guaranteed #1 in 27 search engines as per an e-mailed contract sent to me. I stopped running my google ads - but what for and where has it got me? Watch this space.

Paul, Aug 13, 2004 IP
  20. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh dear, and that makes 10 in this thread and probably another 10 in the other one.

Perhaps it's just us, but we personally think that from what clients are saying, there's alot ADA say that most if not all other seo companies would not agree with.

i.e. #1 positions in 27 search engines
    #1 in 4 weeks
    Google Adwords not cost effective
    Websites need submitting to the search engines - lol.
    Worthwhile getting your site on 27 different search engines

Firstly, most of those engines will give you little or no traffic, secondly to guarantee #1 is guaranteeing the impossible.

#1 in 4 weeks - again suggesting you have control over the search engines.

Google Adwords not cost effective - depends what you mean by cost effective we have one client who gets a 2-1 ROI every month :)

Every decent seo knows you don't have to submit a website to the se's!

A quote from their contract submitted by TOPS30

"Once we have completed all the work we xml feed you through to the search
    engines and within four weeks from the date of purchase you will be at the
    number one position.

Due to the fact that our service guarantees the number one position on all
    major search engines we are privy to certain information and certain policy
    changes within the search engine positioning structure so that every time
    the search engines add to there criteria of how they rank sites we can keep
    existing clients at the number one position and also place our new clients
    there.

We hold the intellectual rights to the programme so that we are the only
    company that can do this. "

Are they saying they get the algorithm here? Seems like they are.

Another quote

"We offer you five search terms, which will exclusively belong to you for a period of 12 months within which you will enjoy number one listings on the search engines above. Once purchased, these can’t be resold to any of your competitors hence you will have a unique lead on the field.

We will optimise your site, take the search words off our data-base, assign them to your site and then submit to the search engines listed above.

Here at Alex Doyle we pride ourselves on product delivery, to the extent that if for any reason we are unable to complete the work as specified, we guarantee a 100% refund of any money you spend towards this product.

The service period of twelve months will commence once you are on the number one spot of the search engines listed above. The time period of installation will usually take four weeks from the date of purchase at which point you will expect to see a number one listing.

You will receive monthly statistics to report on the performance of your site."

Misleading at best isn't it?

Sounds like NO-ONE can have those keywords, not just no other competitor being optimised by this company.

The only guarantee I can see is "if they don't complete the work", what constitutes completion of work?

on another threwad on 18/5/2004 they said " Longstanding clients of Alex Doyle's are currently writing testimonials that will be posted shortly. Our website will be live and optimised within four weeks"

Has anyone seen it yet?

We're obviously waiting to see posts from satisified clients and a couple have already mentioned being contacted by ADA so we're moving in the right direction.

From what I've read and heard it's the guarantees that don't stand up and what are getting people's back up, especially when they don't get their money back as promised, but the least we can do is give them the chance to put it right so let's see if we can get everyone on here who said they were a client to be satisfied that ADA have done their best.

ITC, Aug 14, 2004 IP