1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting your website to No.1 for 'Golf holiday in Spain' is not difficult - two months ago, I designed a quick page (took me 5 minutes to put together) with some keywords in the page and included it on my website.

Within two weeks I am No.17 for Golf Holiday in Spain. I have no links pointing to this page, the only SEO I have done is add content using these keywords, that's all. If I can do that as a complete amateur, why can't ADA?

Paul, if thing's dont' work out with ADA then drop me an email, I'll give you some ideas to help you get at least listed in the top 100 of Google because using the digitalpoint tool your website does not feature in Google in the top 100 websites.

Like I said I'm not an SEO company, I'm an amateur willing to pass on my experience.

Darren :)

DarrenC, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  2. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Darren,
    for this to work based on on content however your main site has to be already getting a good PR and ranking from G.

You can't just add any old page to a site with no ranking in G and expect that page to do well just because its targetted.

ITC, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  3. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    ITC - true.

I've worked hard at getting more links to my site, thus the reason for PR6, and thus the reason why this particular page is ranking fairly high. :rolleyes:

It's not THAT difficult to understand - get more links = higher PR = better SERPS.

Darren

DarrenC, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  4. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, as long as you remember that's only one very small part of the whole ranking algo.

ITC, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What an interesting read! I am not about to post about any specifics of any companies, but there are one or two things that have been posted wrongly.

The Data protection act does not prevent you from naming companies who are clients. The data protection act with regard to individuals, has nothing to do with shawn, nor the information held within the posts. You see it was THE POSTER who placed the information in the public domain, and not the company hosting the forum. Under the DPA, you have the right to have a copy of all inofrmation held about you by a company be it electronically or otherwise. YES that is right, it no longer covers computerise data alone. It in fact covers every single document stored electronically or otherwise that refers to the individual.

As the information is already in the public domain, you really do not have to ask for a copy. Lastly you have the right to have any incorrect information corrected, not the right to access it yourself, but the right to have it altered. So long as Shawn does this, he is doing no wrong.

But one last thing, & it is is a JLO but. The data protection act is European Legislation, so a site owned by and operated by a US entity is not bound by the European laws. How do I know about this wonderful law? Because a good friend (who is a top civil litigation man) is drawing up litigation against Lloyds of London because they have breached his Human rights, under the european human rights convention, and Also the DPA by sending his personal and corporate details to India, a country not covered by the European convention on Human rights, or the data protection act.
    DPA.

And before anyone decides to turn on me, I am 43, My wife is the director of the company, it is just the two of us, and I am not a director as it is more tax efficient that way, & I can't spell & don't give a shite who knows I can't :)

Oh & I am bald, but I also shave the swede as It is easier in the mornings

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  6. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct, but you missed the fact that anyone can ask to have details about them deleted if they so desire.

One of the comanies I own is on the regsiter.

So you can have any data a company holds about you or your company edited or removed completely if you ask.

But you are quite right it is not a US law. However the US do have something similar.

ITC, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  7. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Liam from ADA - thanks, but no!

I'd rather keep my top 10 rankings thank you very much

Darren :)

DarrenC, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  8. saz

saz Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh dear oh dear, so much I could say but I don't want another hour long call from Andrew Morris.

saz, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  9. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just took an hour out of my day to read this entire thread. Gotta say, no one can guarantee #1 spots for anything unless they are willing to pay each and every SE for that spot.

Now, with that said, there are a few people who know what they are doing very well. They follow strict guidlines set out by companies like WC3 and others and are on the cutting edge of SE algos, updates etc...

For the rest of us, it is a crapshoot. We do our best to obey all the rules, once in a while trying different things. All I can say is, this is the best forum I have ever been too (as far as SE help goes) and has helped me more than I can ever repay anyone. There is no real need to get someone to optimize your site unless you are really not sure what you are doing. If that is the case, start here and someone here to help you (for a small fee) :)

To all those lost in the shuffle with ADA, don't give up until you at LEAST get your money back.

Good luck!

NewComputer, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  10. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Does that make 12 on this thread?

ITC, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  11. saz

saz Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope nearly, very nearly 12

saz, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  12. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    phew, one saved :)

ITC, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  13. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    :mad: Not no.1 on 27 search engines...After my last post I heard nothing so had to phone to see exactly where I stood. ADA confirmed today (25/9/04) that I definitely won't be getting a refund and what's more they want another £700 from me for re-submitting my site. My site has gone nowhere since March and the issue apparantly was, I used a webcreating tool for basic website creation and I was therefore not in control of my HTML code which I explained from the beginning. I was told, don't worry we will get you to the top. Everytime I made a change to my site, ADA's work was not uploaded, I never possesed the work or even saw the work. The work was not lost, must have been stored somewhere but I couldn't upload it and never really knew what the problem was although I kept e-mailing and phoning a couple of times every week and keen to resolve the problem. I eventually got FTP software in July after they suggested it and can now edit my site and upload anything no problem. ADA want £700 for resubmitting my site and there's no refund...how is that - good company?

Anyone that's given money to ADA then I know you will be concerned about this and the other 100 odd postings. You can search for my site in google etc...I do not even exist in Yahoo. My search terms are "golf Spain, golfing Spain, golfing holidays, Spain holidays, holidays in Spain, rent in Spain, property in Spain". If you can find my site then let me know but ADA have washed their hands of this and the annoying thing is they did months ago, so not only have I lost a lot of money, it's the time factor too where I could have been sorting out my site. ADA told me today that if I post a message on this forum then it's a lie and ADA don't take too kindly to lies etc. etc. I have no reason to lie. Nobody has posted any good results in this forum. I have been strung along since March and percevered with them. I was always the one phoning and e-mailing them. However, enough is enough and although I'm not normally one to complain, I'm defintely not one to give up. My money was taken in March and Liam promised me the money would only be taken when I'm no. 1, but needed the card details to set things up so although I was annoyed the money was taken it would have been fine if I was now sitting no. 1 spot in google etc. Nothing delivered. If it goes to court then I would swear on oath that everything I've said is the truth. Although I will be pursuing things further, I'm interested to know your thoughts. I've never seen or dealt with anything like this before and if I didn't answer my phone that day back in March when they cold called me, I would now be £700 richer plus all the grief it's caused. :mad:

Paul, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  14. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry got date wrong when they phoned me. Today is 25/8/04 and my website is www.golfholidayinspain.co.uk.

Paul, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  15. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the real world of ADA!

Foxy, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  16. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    700 for submitting what to what?

I'm guessing your site to the search engines.

Not really much point in doing it.

Just get yourself a few links and it'll be no problem.

It does seem strange that your site was SEO'd, yet you have no backlinks...

SEbasic, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  17. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    £700 to get me no. 1 spot in 27 search engines for 12 months based on key words they said were most relevant to my website.

Paul, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  18. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Have they told you how they intend in doing it?

SEbasic, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  19. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
  20. Paul

Paul Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks - will contact all 3.

Paul, Aug 26, 2004 IP