1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone who claims they have to submit your site to the search engines is either purposefully lying to you to make up something they have to do or they simply dont know what theyre doing.

There is no need to submit anythijng to any search engine, you simply get good inbound links and the spiders do the rest.

(directories are different).

We've heard this too many times now , payment taken when they said they wouldnt take it, no refund etc. etc. thats why ADA have got a bad name on here, and for all the protestations that everyone has a few unhappy customers, sure, but theyre all saying the same thigns about you!

ITC, Aug 28, 2004 IP
  2. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    www. alex doyleassociates .co.uk

Didnt want to give them a link!

Love the bit about "To deliver the levels of success that Alex Doyle Associates achieves, we have to work within the guidelines and rules of the search engines to enjoy a continuing period of 12 months at the top. Your site therefore has to be continually updated, managed and submitted for the 12 month period, due to this ethos Alex Doyle Associates has thousands of clients well positioned within the search engines and more importantly, profitable web sites"

LOL

ITC, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  3. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    Their site looks awful.

magellan, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  4. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the content says it all.

ITC, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  5. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Just waiting for the testimonials .....

ITC, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  6. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    "I've lost patience with them and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are amateurs!"

this seems to happen more and more often these days...

Can't you file action against them - I mean, isn't this in the TOE?

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  7. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I think some people are!

I sure as hell would if I felt I'd been diddled out of a lot of money!

ITC, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  8. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah found it again, guess it got moved.

ITC, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  9. werebear

werebear Guest

Best Answers:
    I had dealings with them last year.
    Paid £600 for some keywords made the mistake of giving them my
    ftp details.
    They were cr@p took an unauthorised amount of cash via my credit card.
    I got the money back with some help from my bank.
    They promissed 1st page in all the search engines didn't happen when the florida update happened my site bombed out of the serps they baimed me for tinkering with my website copy.
    Then they took the extra money to re do the secret coding?????
    They have just phoned my today asking if want to renew.
    I told them to f"$k off.

werebear, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  10. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    We didn't give this scamartist the time of day, let alone pay them for any of their "services".

The best thing to shut these guys down is to lobby their credit card processers to withdraw their facility to process credit cards. Credit card processers are extremely concerned about this sort of thing and will act swiftly.

Without the ability to process credit cards they're out of business; as THEY are not prepared to defer getting paid until after they have provided their non-existant "results".

PS I liked the post from the Alex Doyle employee masquerading as a satisified customer. What an amateur!

SEO-Guru, Sep 18, 2004 IP
  11. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting that they have gone for the US spelling of 'optimisation' even though they are a UK company. You'd think they would optimise for both variations.

DarrenC, Sep 18, 2004 IP
  12. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:

SEO-Guru, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  13. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised there have been no comments posted on here by ADA since the 12th August considering some of the things that have been said.

They've got a week to go to deliver their promise to me. I've done my own rankings check today and things are not looking very promising.

Kirkburton, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  14. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Kirkburton, but is there any point responding to "rebuttals" from a "firm" which posts fake "satisfied" customer testimonials?

SEO-Guru, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  15. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I see thie testimonials page is still awaiting testimonials .......

Now, poor results are one thing and may make you feel foolish you trusted them, lots of people all claiming an unauthorised amount was withdrawn from their credit cards is blatant theft.

Reclaiming the money back from your cc provider is one thing, but if someone stole from my credit card who was based in the UK (seeing as we are based in the UK) I would go up the bl**dy wall, and take the utmost action possible against them.

Why do they think they can get away with this? It's bl**dy theft!

I suggest all people who are claming this get together and get action against them to get them shut down, there are laws in this country to stop people trading who resort to these underhand methods of obtaining your money.

You can do this on the cheap (but still very good advice) by first consulting the Citizens Advice who are mostly retired solicitors in any case! and then the taking them to court.

ITC, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  16. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with Alex Dole Associates for well over six months and my site rankings have gone down from middle of page one (professional sunbeds)Google to........well we are not in the first 30 pages now. we went with them to get fist page rankings on all key words relating to our products, we chose the following key words: sunbeds, sunbed, sunbed supplies, commercial sunbeds, commercial sunbed suppliers, tanning equipment, tanning lotions, tanning, sunbed lotions, sunbed tubes, professional sunbeds, uk tanning equipment, high pressure sunbeds.

Take a look on Google (www.iso-italia.co.uk) you will never find us for any of the above key words, I contact ADA on a weekly basis and never get any explanation only that we will get good listing on Google, it just takes time......not 6months +.
    ADA Never phone me back, we recently asked for a full refund and here is the reply they sent me:
    Your account has now been sent over to be investigated and it normally takes 7 days for a decision to come back to the Admin department. Once we have a decision you will be informed.

Regards

Michelle Hancock

Customer Accounts Manager

Well its been over seven days now and nothing, no reply no refund.
    I have decided to contact Trading Standards etc, I will always keep the site posted on the results.
    P.S Am I legally allowed to post Chris the main man at ADA mobile Phone number up on the site? I have his Mobile number does any one wish to talk to him direct, he does answer it but you will never get any sense from him
    I paid by debit card they took more money than what they agreed on the telephone, they would take £500.00 but when I checked they actually took £699.12
    :mad:

Rob Holden, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  17. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    The Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) can raise a petition in the High Court to shut down Alex Doyle Associates "in the public interest". The Director would also be disqualified to act as Company Director for a period of between 10 and 15 years.

According to the DTI (who are already aware of ADA), once the action is filed, it is published in the London Gazette and ADA's bank would automatically freeze their bank account.

I still maintain, anyone who has moeny taken from their credit card and not refunded (as they always promise) e-mail a copy of the threads in this forum to whoever processes ADA's cards (WorldPay, PayPal, NetBanks or whoever); I guarantee that their facility will be withdrawn immediately and anyone claiming a refund will be refunded by ADA's card processor (with ADA ulitmately footing the bill).

SEO-Guru, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  18. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    ADA have never taken any money from me apart from what what they said they were going to. The problem I have got is that they have not delivered their promises nor met the guarantee they gave me. The work they have done (which has been a couple of lines of script on the home page) has not worked. They have not optimised the text on any pages.

I have it in writing that I will get a full refund if my site is not top of the rankings by the end of today, which I must say is looking exremely unlikely at this point.

And I am also waiting for a call back from ADA, I spoke to Michelle over two weeks ago and she said she would look into why things were not working for my site and get back to me.

I have given them every opportunity to get things right.

I need to get my site up the rankings and have done some work myself. I have not uploaded yet just in case they blame my tinkering with the pages as the reason why their script has not worked. I have tested this work on another site of ours and it appears to be working.

The thing that also annoys me is that if ADA had not got involved with my site I may have had better positions which would have resulted in more business, so the actual cost of ADA 'optimising' my site could, and probably is, a lot more than the actual money that they have been paid.

Kirkburton, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  19. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    ADA Wrote: "Your account has now been sent over to be investigated and it normally takes 7 days for a decision to come back to the Admin department. Once we have a decision you will be informed".

What they mean: "We have absolutely no intention whatsoever of investigating your complaint and you will never ever ever get your money back. That is what scams do. And our testimonials page will be up soon, in fact here are a few.

"ADA were reelly great"
    R.D., London

"The best SEO firm in Britin"
    George, Sheffield

"One good deal"
    J.R., Kansas

"Wow!
    A.R. Elative, Manchester

SEO-Guru, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  20. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers: