1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh please, give me stength!

ITC, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  2. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, Alex Doyle Associates time is up and what a surprise they didn't deliver. When I contacted them yesterday to ask for the refund that they promised me if I was not top of the rankings by the end of september, they accused me of making changes to the site which has affected their work. I have purposely not touched the site since their last work on it because I wanted it to work, and if it didn't I wanted my money back.

Lisa, who is supposedly an account manager practically accused me of lying and that there was no way I was going to get a refund. I asked to speak to Andrew, but as normal he was not available to speak to me.

I have given them ten working days to refund my money, if I have not received the money in this time I shall start legal procedings against them.

I have given Alex Doyle Associates every opportunity to do what they have been paid to do, they have not come up with the goods.

Kirkburton, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I admire you for your attitude :)

but the result is as I expected.....sorry

Foxy, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  4. SEO-Guru

SEO-Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    THere are 2 ADA threads running at the same time, this one with about 21 pages of complaints and, the other at Digital Points Forums/General Business/Alex Doyle Associates with 25 pages of complaints.

SEO-Guru, Oct 3, 2004 IP
  5. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm confused, this is the one with 25 pages, where is the other one?

Kirkburton, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  6. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    First Page Guaranteed??

peterjohnston917, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  7. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Alex Doyle Associates are having a laugh, they've just stolen a further £699.12p from my credit card without my authorisation, they are going to live to regret this

Kirkburton, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  8. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Suggest you get cracking before they fold, and take your money with them.

I'd also contact your credit card company to let them know those are unauthorised payments.

ITC, Oct 6, 2004 IP
  9. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Wheels are in motion on more than one front, can't say anymore at the moment, I don't want to spoil the surprise

Kirkburton, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  10. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    We supply the Exclusive ISO ITALIA Professional Commercial Sunbeds and Tanning Units to the UK tanning market. Google the number 1 search engine has proven to be excellent choice of search engine for our advertising campaign until Alex Dole Associates got involved, Suddenly we where dropped completely out of googles rankings. It has been over six months and still we are not able to be fond on Google.
    When contacting ADA which I might add is almost impossible, these are their latest replies:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your account has now been sent over to be investigated and it normally takes 7 days for a decision to come back to the Admin department. Once we have a decision you will be informed.

Regards

Michelle Hancock

Customer Accounts Manager
    Over one week passed, still no reply, and then I received this.
    Hi Rob,

You will receive by post information why refund not granted by end of the week.

Regards

lisa
    ADA

I have replied to ADA this morning with the following:
    Good Morning Lisa,

You did state as above that we would receive information before the end of the week, it is now the end of the week
    As expected because of previous experiences with your company, we received no information why we will not be granted a refund.
    Please could you advise why we have not received the information and when we might expect to receive this important information?
    Many Thanks,
    Rob Holden
    www.iso-italia.co.uk
    F.A.O. ADA.
    I write with out prejudice

MY CONTRACT WITH ADA STATED: £995.00 +vat would be the total cost.

ADA has taken £1398.24????????? This amount was not in contract, this amount was never authorized, THIS IS THEFT...................

I have been advised this is theft, I have taken all the legal action I can, Police, DTI, OFT, TS, SBF, BL. See you at court ADA.

I will keep all informed of the new replies........when and if they come?

Rob Holden, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  11. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to speak to Andrew Morriss for over a week now, when I phone ADA they just tell me he is unavailable. Someone has kindly given me Andrews mobile number but he has now got some goon answering it for him, I keep leaving messages but the jester never rings back.

The man obviously hasn't got a conscience, has no feelings of guilt or remorse.

I can see ADA being very busy in a few months time appearing in court, that's if they bother to turn up to defend themselves.

I too, like Rob Holden find myself £1,398.24p out of pocket, £699.12 for the 'work' they did that produced no results and another £699.12 that they have stolen from my credit card.

Michelle at ADA said that I would be sent details in the post, this was on Tuesday, it is now Friday and nothing has arrived.

Kirkburton, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  12. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I've just worked out the cost of what it has cost me using ADA over a company that knows what they are doing:

UK searches for the 5 keywords optimized by Alex Doyle Associates in August according to Overture.

Mortgages 429,818
    Bad Credit Mortgages 10,484
    Life Insurance 125,197
    Life Insurance Quotes 4,031
    Cheap life insurance 2,484
    TOTAL 572,014

Giving a click through rate of 2.5%, which we would receive if we were top in Google Adwords on a PPC basis, would give 14,300 people visiting our site. Again, going on percentages from our pay per click advertising on the internet, we would expect 60% of these to ask for a quote, this equals 8,580 leads.

Of these 8580 leads, applying our average conversion rate of 10% we would have written business on 858 leads.

Applying our average sale we earn per lead of £750 to these 858 leads would realise £643,500 income.

Times this by six months = £3,861,000 in lost business by Alex Doyle Associates not delivering to their guarantee.

I am not amused.

Kirkburton, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  13. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    It's companies like these that give our industry a bad name and make our job as reputable SEO's much harder.

We have to start out by explaining to people that have been bitten by unscruplous companies that we aren't like that, and actually have clients to prove it, real one's I might add!

ITC, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  14. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone thought about contacting BBC watchdog? For those that are not in the UK it is a show which investigates companies activities, the likes of lastminute.com and other large companies have been investigated and interviewed on the show.

I would get together as a group - make a note of the issues, costs to you, copies of emails, copies of letters and as a group of people contact them. The more of you that you can get together the better.

DarrenC, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  15. CCM

CCM Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I have now contacted the following ;

Watchdog
    Trading Standards
    Which
    The Times
    Internet Works Magazine

And this is for starters, as telling the facts is not libellous.

Same story different, different person.

Thought I was getting somewhere when I acquired Andrew Morris's home phone number and address and called him up one evening. I am a determined man, with fading patience..........

Following day I got passed on to a director called Patrick Galagher.

I spoke with Patrick last Tuesday (5 Oct 04), he asked me to write down my issues with ADA and he would look at them and get back to me. Stating he was a man of his word and always did what he said he would, I allowed him some time to get back to me.

Following what I assume to be a few delaying tactics, I find myself here on the following Tuesday (12 Oct 04, 16:00gmt) with no reply from Mr Galagher.

CCM, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  16. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have his home adddress then I suggest you start there, in person.

I would suggest that you
    1) Make a stutory demand for the outstanding amount.
    2) go for bankruptcy

Creditors’ Petition

If an individual creditor is owed more than £750, they can petition for the debtor to be made bankrupt. Alternatively, creditors can join together to meet the £750 requirement.

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  17. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    A file for bankruptcy should be done as a joint effort for several reasons, the larger the amount we file for, the more clout we've got.

CCM - Patrick is just another puppet, he may be a so called director but he just comes back with the same old lame, limp and tired excuses for a company that knows it is in the wrong and on the back foot.

In ADA's eyes the customer is always wrong, another mug waiting to be fleeced.

You've picked on the wrong bunch of people this time ADA.

Kirkburton, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
  19. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    They still cant get on the first page for their own site, says it all

Kirkburton, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  20. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Just spoken to Patrick, as expected he is defending ADA. He reckons he is going to post my reports on this forum to show that ADA have got me results...go on then post away Patrick I'm sure we all could do with a laugh. No I'll do it for you

Google 0 results in 7 months
    Yahoo 0 reslults in 7 months
    MSN 0 results in seven months
    Ask Jeeves 0 results in seven months
    All other major search engines 0 results in 7 months

The only results you did get were on Jayde (hardy a big name) 3/5 terms at number one and one result on exactseek.

If you call those results Patrick cover me with kippers and call me Shirley

Kirkburton, Oct 14, 2004 IP