1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had a problem with Alex Doyle Associates either taking money from their credit card without their authority or are refusing to honour their contract, please e-mail me or send me a private message.

Kirkburton, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you not all get together as a group and contact a solicitor? Have your evidence, all communications, documents, extracts' from the website relating to the guarantee and from this forum (and any other forum that his has been discussed in) and seek legal advice.

If there are enough of you with legal complaints against any company then you have an increased chance of winning your case.

If you are not prepared to seek legal advice then in my opinion you can only continue to bring these issues to trading standards and watchdog.

Complaining on a forum is not going to resolve your problems.

Darren :)

DarrenC, Oct 16, 2004 IP
  3. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm willing to send some shaddows over to ADA's office and off them all, just so we don't see this thread for the next year.

Dominic, Oct 16, 2004 IP
  4. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Wheels are in motion, just can't say on here, needless to say the more people we have with a complaint against Alex Doyle Associates the better

Kirkburton, Oct 18, 2004 IP
  5. moleskin

moleskin Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear All,

I am new to this forum - but have been reading with increased interest regarding the alex doyle stuff.

I built a website as a favour for someone a while back www.warmtiles.co.uk - this site achieved some very good results in google through pure hard work on my part - making sure that I used all tools correctly and fairly. When typing in Mirror Demisters the site appeared 2nd in Google!!! It now appears less then 30.

Now I haven't worked on the site for a long time but keep an eye on it from time to time to see how things were going. Imagine my surprise when I saw things had actually gotten worse instead of better for the rankings.

When reading the source code on page one I noticed some text which read:
    Site optimised by Alex Doyle associates

About half the other code I had written had dissapeared. Now upon doing some basic research into ADA I stumbled across this forum and now it all makes sense.

The chap I built the site for originally is in his 60's he was constantly being phoned by companies asking to optimise his site - why did he need it done he was in the top 10 of google - which I explained on numerous occasions.

What has annoyed me is that I built a mighty fine website with all the code working well to give him very good rankings - then some other company comes along uses my hard work - destroys most of it and makes a lot of good money out of it.

I have now informed the person and am awaiting to see what he has paid them and what he has been promised - so I will keep you all informed at a time when I have more info.

Kind Regards
    Karl Moyse
    www.white-spacedesign.com

moleskin, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  6. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Karl, thanks for this interesting bit of news, I'll be very interested in hearing the rest of the story, as no doubt will all the other regular visitors to this site, when you get the details.

This is not the first site that ADA have ruined the rankings of, and no doubt it won't be the last to come to light.

Kirkburton, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  7. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Same old story then.

ITC, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  8. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I have had a few more people contact me directly over the past few weeks that have not posted on the forum.

ADA appear to have been very active durng the end on 2003 beginning 2004 in attracting more punters, I think we will have a deluge of complaints in the near future when these people are charged again.

Kirkburton, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  9. mikemagic

mikemagic Peon

Best Answers:
    We asked Alex Doyle to optimise our site well over a year ago now and it didn't work.

Got my company credit card statement today and they have withdrawn funds from our card without my authority.

I wish I had followed up my intention of pursuing them in the small claims court last year (I was too 'busy' to pursue it).

We recently 'inherited' a Company Chairman who is a qualified solicitor. He's going to love getting his teeth into this one!

Mike Armstrong

mikemagic, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  10. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Mike, sorry to hear about this. I now it is no consolation to you, but I'm sure you will not be the last person to appear on here saying ADA have taken money without authorisation.

Can anyone anywhere come up with a contract from ADA stating that there will be an annual charge for the work they have done?

Alex Doyle Associates are rubbing salt into the wounds by charging annually for shoddy workmanship that does not work, in fact if there is no contract between the parties to say as such it can be called no more than fraud and an abuse of data protection by using peoples credit card details without their knowledge.

Kirkburton, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  11. kn0cker

kn0cker Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see I'm with excellent company 8^)
    ADA tried to do some Site optimization over a year ago with no results. This May they tried to take £ 528.00 which was disputed and they have tried again in October. I suggest they are checking the Expiry dates on the credit card information they have and having one last go. My credit card expires end of this month .....Phew!

kn0cker, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  12. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Come on Patrick or Andrew, I know you read this thread, what have you got to say? Probably nothing as usual .

Alex Doyle Associates are just a bunch of yellow bellied cowards that prey on people that only become wise after they found that that have been lied to and conned out of their money.

Why have the threats to take these sorts of comments to court stopped? Because you know there is so much overwhelming evidence against you that any judge in the land would laugh you out of court. I feel sorry for Lisa, Michelle and Angela who have to field the brunt of the calls from irate customers while Patrick and Andrew hide away pretending to be out of the office so they don't have to deal with the problem.

Kirkburton, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  13. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, have you all not tried to contact the trading standards?

I cannot believe people in your position are not taking this further - if your not doing anything about this company then your just wasting your own time posting on this thread.

DarrenC, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  14. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I've told trading standards among other bodies that may be interested several weeks ago, and I know several others have as well. If anyone else wishes to contact them, they can do at http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Remember direct your problem at the Cheshire trading standards, not your local branch.

Other links that may be of use if you have been a victim of Alex Doyle Associates are:

BBC Watchdog
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

Office of Fair Trading
    http://www.oft.gov.uk

Department of Trade and Industry
    http://www.dti.gov.uk

If Alex Doyle Associates have taken money from your credit card without your authority please contact your card issuer immediately and report ADA to the Data Protection information commissioner for abuse of data, and also the police for fraud/theft.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/eventual.aspx?id=32

If anyone has not been happy with the results that they have had from the 'optimisation' service (e.g. no results) provided by ADA, then you can sue them in the small claims court for shoddy workmanship, undue care & attention and care of duty to perform the task with which they took money in advance to provide.

You can now do this online at the link below

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Kirkburton, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  15. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,
    AS previously stated, when ADA added code/alterations to my site I was completely removed from Google search engine listings.
    A while ago (over 6 months with ADA code/alterations to my site) I said enough is enough, I removed all ADA code/alterations out of my site:

Sunbeds Iso Italia
    www.iso-italia.co.uk

I put all new code in my site and now we are back on Google, our rankings are shooting up.
    Good riddance ADA
    My small claims court proceedings against ADA is still ongoing.
    Rob

Rob Holden, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  16. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
  17. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    DarrenC, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  18. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    Has any other ADA victims deleted ADA code from a web site and noticed web rankings go up...immediately?

Rob Holden, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  19. jeff

jeff Peon

Best Answers:
    Alex Doyle Associates has just debited my credit card (personal not company) , it took 8 months to gian a full refund and as they paid us the refund they redebited my card for the full amount, after reading other reviews it seems i am not alone.

jeff, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  20. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    If they have debited your personal credit card it should be easier to get your money back under consumer protection rights.

albereto, Nov 16, 2004 IP