1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK I think the point about this company has been made. This category could do with a break from Alex Doyle... IMO

Dominic, Nov 16, 2004 IP
  2. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Dominic...the thread is about Alex Doyle Associates, what else are we supposed to discuss? Maybe if you had been a victim of this bunch you would be greatful for the information contained in this thread.

I would hope that anyone with a problem with ADA will continue to add their stories just so the full picture of what this company is and has been doing is in the public domain to hopefully reduce the chances of anyone else being ripped off.

Kirkburton, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  3. Skippy

Skippy Guest

Best Answers:
    I have just spent two hours reading the above information on Alex Doyle. I am currently with alex doyle and have been for around 4 months. This is the first time i have seen this thread and to be honest im very worried about the money i have spent with this company. So far i have received no top listings that i was promised would be achieved in 8-12 weeks. Now is around the time i should be seeing some results but after seeing this i realise that may never happen. I must admit when i first went with this company i was sceptical but it is only now that i have researched the company properly which is why i found this thread. I have also been charged twice and have now cancelled my cards. The other thing i found when i was checking if i had foolishly thrown my money away, was a number of different companies on companies house, all registered to the same address all employing the alex doyle name. Here take a look

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/a23ebf93e2aeb7788f5b1bfc1ef1cbd7//companysearch?disp=res&frfsh=1100699832#result

After speaking to a friend in the finance sector and explaining this forum. He said it looks like they are going bankrupt closing down and setting up again. He also said they are basically stealing money if they keep taking it from peoples cards once they go under they wont be responsible for paying it back. I know i have now cancelled my card and issued proceedings. I have also contacted trading standards etc. I suggest that people who paid on credit card to alex doyle should cancel it before your too late like some of us.

Anyway sorry for everyone else who has had dealings with this company hopefully this thread will stop people signing up in the future. I only wish i had seen it.

Skippy, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  4. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    The address these Alex Doyle companies are registered to is the home address of one of the directors, Andrew Morriss

Kirkburton, Nov 18, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Alex Doyle Associates has a very short term memory it seems...

3 months ago they threatened to sue Digital Point Solutions if this thread wasn't terminated:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=21630#post21630

And now the same guy sends this today... :)
    Our response:

digitalpoint, Nov 22, 2004 IP
  6. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    John Worsencroft's favourite word is scurillous, he used it over the phone to me several times.

According to the Cambridge online dictionary the description of this word is:

expressing unfair or false criticism which is likely to damage someone's reputation.

Firstly, and I can only speak for myself here, I have never given any false criticism of ADA, it is all true. The only people damaging Alex Doyle Associates reputation is themselves by not delivering what they promise to their 'clients'. The fact is that there are over 20 people that I know that have had problems with ADA either failing to deliver their promises or taking money from them without authorisation...and in quite a few instances both.

Whether any of this criticism can be deemed unfair depends on which side of the fence you sit. If it is unfair to let any potential 'clients' of ADA know about how ADA treat their current 'clients' then I think it is only fair that they are informed. Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss...and thats how ADA like it.

So where are the false and unfair accusations here John? There are none.

ADA have not done themselves any favours. Any other company would try to get the customer service right even if all else failed, unfortunately the main reason that so many people have a problem with ADA is because cannot see that they have a problem. Many of the problems could have been resolved, but ADA have chosen not to do this, no wonder people get upset and rightly want to tell others of the poor service they have received.

Maybe you are not fully aware of the situation yourself John as you have only been a Director of ADA since September, everyone that is complaining has been a customer of ADA since before you were there.

Kirkburton, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  7. jeff

jeff Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never spoken to John Worsencroft (out of office, on holiday etc etc) I have spoken to the other two Directors - even been promised a call back by one of them- surprise when i chased him up "i ve been to busy today to look into why we debited your credit card twice (had to cancel credit card) i will call you tommorrow etc etc.
    The best one was being told to call customer services by one of the Directors - i did have to laugh down the phone at him,customer services had already told me i would be put at the bottom of the pile for ringing up and asking for a refund and wasting the staff's time (Lisa office manager)and that my case had been reveiwed the day before and no refund would be made.
    Our web site never moved "up the ranks", but we were given some great excuses - 8 months worth of excuses about why they could not perform, we even got a refund at one stage , but as we had apparently "left your work on site" were redebited.
    This seems strange as we had supplied AlexDoyle Associates with all of the information, passwords etc to do the neccesary work but at every stage it was thrown back to us that it was our fault that nothing was happening - funny that we're no good at websites so we employed a professional ( sorry just started chuckling to myself again ) company to perform this service for us.In the end we just reloaded our original web site.
    I just wish that in my business i could offer a poor service,non existent after sales service,IGNORE CUSTOMERS GENUINE CONCERNS and get paid twice for it and then also have the cheek to complain that everything was unfair THAT WAS BEING WRITTEN ABOUT THEM.

jeff, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  8. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear John Worsencroft, ADA.

I looked forward to hearing from you/ADA regarding the unauthorized payments you took from my credit card, you never replied, only to say “I would not be refunded the money”.

Alex Doyle Associates did not reply to the small claims court proceedings I entered against the company. As a result, ALEX DOYLE ASSOCIATES now has a CCJ recorded AGAINST the COMPANY.

LONG LIVE DIGITAL FORUM.

Rob Holden

www.iso-italia.co.uk

Rob Holden, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  9. SEO COWBOYS ASSOCIATES

SEO COWBOYS ASSOCIATES Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't tell you how much this forum cheers me up, I hope that ADA lose all of there potential and existing customers due to this forum. I wish I had bothered to do a search for them after one of there 'experts' gave me a ring (It is so hard for me not to type 'idiots' instead of 'experts').

If anyone from ADA reads this I hope you realize how much I despise you and your company, I have spoken to a lot of people at ADA and not once have I ever spoken to anyone who sounds like they have got a clue how to optimize websites, how to treat customers or even how to string a sentence together for most of them (I won't mention any names...Andrew, Lisa, Michelle, Gary).

You are a nasty and immoral company who doesn't give a damn about people like me, you only care about defrauding money out of innocent people. As long as you realize that people, who have lost money like me, will not go away, we will keep issuing claims through courts and credit card companies until you are stopped trading for good. Believe me we have lots of information about ADA: lists of other companies registered, home addresses, home numbers and we will do anything that we feel you deserve.

Of course this is all my opinion and in know way should any of the above statements be taken as threats, I just intend to pursue every avenue possible as a consumer with rights that I am allowed too.

James

P.S I am already known to all you Boys and Girls in the 'ADA Lobby Group', I just don't want to disclose my personal details incase of harassment from ADA.

SEO COWBOYS ASSOCIATES, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  10. jeff

jeff Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know much about computers or this interweby thing - and until very recently didnt have a clue what seo stood for, an interesting link i discovered is ; http://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/seo.html
    Its a link to Google which explains what seo's cannot do with Google.

ADA really should have a look at this.

P.S Alex Doyle Associates - i still have not been contacted about my refund ??

jeff, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  11. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I have contacted Alex Doyle Associated three times since the beginning of October asking that they destroy all record of my credit card details and ask that they put this in writing to say that it has been done.

I spoke to Lisa on the phone over two weeks ago and she said that John Worsencroft was writing to me, I have not heard anything from them, and to be honest I don't expect to.

I have got back the money that Alex Doyle Associates stole from my credit card without my authorisation even though they said that they wouldn't refund my money, thankfully my credit card issuer saw it for the theft that it was and I have happily agreed them to forward all the correspondence I have between myself and ADA to the police for further investigation.

At least this is now in the public domain and any attempt by Alex Doyle Associates to take anymore of my money against my wishes has been registered on this date. Not that they have any reason for wanting to take any more, my website is now completely free of any ADA code and funnily enough rising up the organic web results.

I do not think I have ever dealt with a company that is so inept. I should really thank Alex Doyle Associates for teaching me a valuable lesson so early on in business...not to buy anything from a telephone salesman.

Kirkburton, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  12. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Amazing, the morning after my last post I've received an e-mail from Lisa saying my credit card details have been destroyed and she assures me that no monies will be debited ever again.

Kirkburton, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  13. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I am shocked and saddened to see this is still going on.

When we commented on this in the early days after being contacted by IAC we thought they would have been shut down by now.

IAC came to us to simply ask about some of our seo methods and I think was not suprised to hear how different they were from ADA's (considering he had no results from them, and worse lost places!).

It does sound bad though, almost every one of you is complaining about your card being debited twice for the same work - that sounds like a company going bust.

They were worried at the beginning because of this forum as they even rang us to lean on us threatening us with legal action for posting on here!!!!

Our original post said we would let anyone know for free what are good methods and bad methods of seo, just in case you are worried another seo company aren't doing/can't do what they claim.

I think thats all be proven now so you dont need us to say what they are doing is right, I just wish you all the best of luck in shutting these cowboys down, they give the professional seo industry a shocking name. :eek:

ITC, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  14. jeff

jeff Peon

Best Answers:
    ADA update - I have been promised a mystery "email" from Patrick Gallagher of ADA - anyway i have chased again for the email (can't explain over the phone wait till you get the email but why do you presume you will be getting a refund from your credit card that we have debited) still not received, an internet based company who cannot send emails (said his computer was blocked up) a bit like a pub without beer; but to give you all a great laugh - Patrick informs me he knows Bill Gates personally - i asked him whether he plays golf with him and George Bush - Patricks reply - "Bill Gates does not play golf".
    Dear Patrick type in Google (thats a search engine by the way) Bill, Gates, Golf, - Source Microsoft web site "Gates is an avid reader and enjoys playing golf and bridge".Maybe he meant a different Bill Gates in the computer industry??

jeff, Nov 25, 2004 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  15. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not the first time they have used the excuse of the e-mail not working, you think they would cater for such an event by having something like a hotmail account, I'm sure Bill Gates could show them how to log onto the internet and use it.

Kirkburton, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  16. webvivre

webvivre Peon

Best Answers:
    For all members who are having problems with Alex Doyle - please contact Enquiries at the Office of Fair Trading on 0845 224499.

They need more evidence to take action against Alex Doyle Associates.
    Please send all correspondence to:
    enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk

webvivre, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  17. choicegallery.co.uk

choicegallery.co.uk Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello All,

The number is 08457 22 44 99

choicegallery.co.uk, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  18. webvivre

webvivre Peon

Best Answers:
    Email from Alex Doyle.....

This is to inform you that we have ceased trading due to adverse economic and market conditions.

It is with great regret that this situation has arisen, and we wish to inform you that we will be unable to meet any creditor payments, or provide any refunds, as there are insufficient funds to meet our business needs. May I take this opportunity to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

webvivre, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  19. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    Just received this myself....they are still answering the phones though...but as Alex Doyle Media....Same wolf, different sheeps clothing.

Just noticed that their website has gone as well.

Kirkburton, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  20. choicegallery.co.uk

choicegallery.co.uk Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello All,

I have just spoken to Companies House who inform me that ADA have NOT filed for liquidation or to go in to administration, therefore they cannot simply say they are not going to pay any outstanding creditors.

I have also just spoken to a nice lady at Tameside Trading Standards, who are the office who cover ADA area (not Cheshire), she would like everybody to ring her on: 0161 342 8355 quoting ref: 040322FAIRTR and tell her why you think ADA are bunch of fraudulent scumbags.

choicegallery.co.uk, Dec 7, 2004 IP