1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    You only submitted those details a few months ago with your latest accounts, if he isn't your MD why does it say he is on your submitted paperwork to companies house?

BTW Definetly not Definatly :)

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  2. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  3. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Shawn,

on the subject of editing posts, there's obviously some simple code in the SQL statement that does a DateDiff function to find all posts more than 2 days old and if they are doesn't display the 'Edit' button.

If you can't edit it from the admin panel why don't you just edit the code so all posts are editable, that way you can't be blamed for anything on here as we'll always have the ability to edit our posts.

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's intentional to not allow editing of posts after a certain amount of time.

digitalpoint, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  5. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Foxy I think you do state that you are the worlds leading authority on seo on your abismal site,(ITC PLEASE CHECK THE SPELLING THANK YOU), www.zplus2.com. As for Blog Spot, again full of libellous statements, anonymously written because "they fear reprisals", we are currently looking into this to obtain the identity of the person who wrote this, the only reprisals he fears are legal reprisals. Could it be the person who wrote this is a competitor? Or do we believe everything written anonymously. I've had a chat with Don Corleone with regards to reprisals and he has assured me we are taking it to the matresses! LOL. :D

Itc all you can talk about is forums, again posted anonymously, like I said you have to have a client base to begin with to recieve postings on forums, something you will never have a problem with! I'm sorry that gramatical errors seem to be basis of every argument you have, simply because you have nothing else to say! Foxy I'm pleased you were recieving good listings under "Large Yachts", but where are you now? The fact that you didn't respond is because you had nothing to reply with, you professed you weren't a professional SEO on an earlier thread, so what authority do you have to comment on our optimisation, although your site does confess this. Itc if your basing your whole strategy on forums on how to gain clients then your pretty short sighted. Ring up your partners see if they have anymore work for you, so you can increase your "testimonials". :D

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  6. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Can we have a reason Shawn?

ITC, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A couple reasons... if a user's account is compromised, someone couldn't maliciously remove hundreds of posts from the forum

Also keeps integrity of the forum. Someone can't post one thing, have people respond to it, and then months later go back and edit what they said.

If there was a way to separate post deletion and editing, I would allow deletion, just not editing (but then you still have the problem of someone deleting hundreds of posts if they wanted).

digitalpoint, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  8. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Quick update ITC, because I know you are completely concerned with our unhappy clients because you just want to "help them out", of course not to gain anything personally. All unhappy clients we are aware of on this forum have been contacted and we are dealing with them to sort any issues they have with ourselves. Still no defence though about your "testimonials page", ignorance isn't a defence.

9. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Shawn, whats to stop people posting malicious statements? What about protecting the integrity of legitimate companies?

10. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    No defence about our testimonails page, err we answered that one ages ago.

Why don't you answer some of the question posed to you that you have side stepped?

All we can talk about is forums? errr no - that was one thread.

All we can talk about is all the other questions we've posed to you that you've negated to answer - I'll post them again so you can see we've got more than another forum to talk about and you can answer them, at the same time perhaps you'd like to respond to the thread about the other forum?

1. (Companies House query because your MD is listed as Andrew Morris born in 1979 - obviously not 46 as you stated) You only submitted those details a few months ago with your latest accounts, if he isn't your MD why does it say he is on your submitted paperwork to companies house?

2. Which of our clients have you contacted? You stated on the phone you had contacted a few of them? - Funny as all of them are saying they haven't heard from you. So who's lying?

3. You stated we have "delayed progress" on a clients site of yours - we questioned - what progress? You hadn't done anything to his site, you think if you'd made progress he would be complaining about you?

4. Our question: Perhaps you can explain how a site that has a frameset on it's front page with no noframes tag and no links to any other pages is optimised? _ your reply was - well, if you need training, accompanied by a smilie - hell, we sure do if that's how you optimise a site these days - things must have moved fast overnight since we last optimised!

5. telling clients you still have spam problems and your servers are still down 6 weeks later, which is why you can't answer emails. I would have gone bananas at my ISP after 6 hours! - Are your servers still down as you said yesterday?

6. Why do you post on this forum pretending to be satisfied clients of yourself?

7. Perhaps you would like to give us some examples of clients who've been refunded by you? Or have all claims made against you been illegitimate?

8. Perhaps you'd also like to answer questions from others as well such as how you can claim in your contract you can guarantee #1 in Google when Google says you can't on their website?

There's plenty more unanswered questions on here directed at you.

But of course we're pleased you're dealing with your unhappy customers, any one on here heard from them?

ITC, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  11. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    But you just said, we could contact you to get them edited/deleted, what's the difference?

ITC, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  12. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "1. (Companies House query because your MD is listed as Andrew Morris born in 1979 - obviously not 46 as you stated) You only submitted those details a few months ago with your latest accounts, if he isn't your MD why does it say he is on your submitted paperwork to companies house?"

Andrew Morris is a major shreholder in Alex Doyle, doesn't make him an MD though. in any corporation people have different titles with regards to their strengths and utilising those, Andrew Morris is the sales director, on companies house it states he is a director not an MD.

"2. Which of our clients have you contacted? You stated on the phone you had contacted a few of them? - Funny as all of them are saying they haven't heard from you. So who's lying?"

I WONDER WHO'S LYING? Why did you delete Matchbox models staright after our conversation? hhhhhhhhhm

"3. You stated we have "delayed progress" on a clients site of yours - we questioned - what progress? You hadn't done anything to his site, you think if you'd made progress he would be complaining about you?

4. Our question: Perhaps you can explain how a site that has a frameset on it's front page with no noframes tag and no links to any other pages is optimised? _ your reply was - well, if you need training, accompanied by a smilie - hell, we sure do if that's how you optimise a site these days - things must have moved fast overnight since we last optimised!

5. telling clients you still have spam problems and your servers are still down 6 weeks later, which is why you can't answer emails. I would have gone bananas at my ISP after 6 hours! - Are your servers still down as you said yesterday?"

We did have spam problems but no-one said we were down for 6 hours, no one said they were down yesterday. As for optimised pages when have you optimised anyone? As for the client in question who has been contacted, as you know, they are problems we've had that is currently being dealt with. Actually I'm sure you will find optimised clients at the top of Google by Alex Doyle Associates, more than just five! Also looking at your work on Peter Johnstons website you seem to have it 60% right which is the case with many SEO's out there, contact me and I will instruct you on how to get his site 100% right.

Why are you so concerned with Alex Doyle's clients rather than your own, if you weren't trying to gain anything personally or professionally?

"7. Perhaps you would like to give us some examples of clients who've been refunded by you? Or have all claims made against you been illegitimate?"

Some clients have been refunded but obviously why would I give you details of clients, which by law I have to protect by the data protection act. Have a look at our accounts, you will see refunds have been made.

"But of course we're pleased you're dealing with your unhappy customers, any one on here heard from them?"

Again why are you so interested in Alex Doyle's clients, aren't you too busy an SEO to concentrate on your own, after all you are professional writing libellous and malicious statements into a forum, aren't you?

13. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Tesimonials not testimonails

14. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "3. You stated we have "delayed progress" on a clients site of yours - we questioned - what progress? You hadn't done anything to his site, you think if you'd made progress he would be complaining about you?"

If you know so much about our contract then you will realise how you delayed progress.

15. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Actually that is very funny as I copied [with permission] that from another colleagues site to test some theories and was placed there as a test - like other pages. It is currently number 5 for allintext out of 2,660,000. We haven't optimised anything else. Now if I really was an SEO expert like you I would want to beat that - you should be able to beat that shouldn't you?

Again, if you don't know what your talking about, don't comment.

This is not our main site and pages come and go.

But also you should know that in a matter of weeks on a very competitive phrase 2,770,000 it is 11 on one factor and for another out of 4,820,000 it is 7.

A fact that it is on course to where we think it should be - again this is for a colleague on this forum.

Would you like me to test out [all text chosen by me solely] one of your alex doyle pages and see whether I can get it to the top on the highly competitive phrase of Alex Doyle Associates?

http://www.google.com/search?q=alex+doyle+associates&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

There is only about 8 entries [the other 27000 odd don't seem to have this phrase] so I think I should make it to a good position Hehehehe

Or would you like me to give you the SEO page that is currently 5 - mind, I would have to have permission for that and I'm not sure they would want - and no, don't ask for the two word phrase but SEO is one of them.

Foxy, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  16. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Foxy clients of ours are in top positions under competitive phrases. They are gaining a vast amount of traffic from these positions. We have a marketing strategy for ourselves, because we are marketing experts, that's what pays our wages and keeps food in my families mouth. We pride ourselves in professionalism and understand the weight that statements in a forum like this can adversely affect a company and it's employees, its just frustrating when people take forums lightly and feel they can type anything that is damaging into a forum. We've worked hard at Alex Doyle to gain a good reputation and provide a good service to clients worldwide. It's been a long hard slog, as you can imagine.

I have no personal problem with you because you aren't a competitor, ITC are trying to be in competition. All competition is healthy, when it is done legitimately, this isn't legitimate, just victimisation of a good company. You again like several others on this forum no nothing about Alex Doyle, your just jumping on the band wagon, trying to get a rise out of Alex Doyle because you have nothing better to do with your time. If you feel you have anything valid to say, you don't, your not in the Seo business, you have no clear idea of Seo, you've confessed this before. So why try and damage a company, or don't you understand the consequences of your actions? People's livelihoods have suffered because of this, especially because of the people jumping on the band wagon writing statements like yourself. Unhappy clients, I can understand. They are being dealt with, I'm sure you as a business owner has had some unhappy clients simply because you can't keep all the people happy all the time. We invest heavily into customer service, we understand that we need to concentrate on keeping clients happy and grow our client base. That is a dogma we have always employed. The real clients on this forum haven't been libel or malicious, just voiced concerns, the libel has come from unprofessional people some are business owners some aren't.

Its like the saying, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, you have a little knowledge about Alex Doyle Associates, come down look at our set up we have nothing to hide, obviously because we are on this forum posting statements. Surely everyone should see this for what it is. Many people already do. Its unfortunate that you fill your time with negative actions, rather than doing something positive to help yourself and your family!

17. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "Shawn, whats to stop people posting malicious statements? What about protecting the integrity of legitimate companies?"

Shawn could we have an answer please? There needs to be some checks and balances placed to prevent this from happening again. Freedom of speech is a great thing. If the content is malicious and defamatory and damages companies or people massively, then surely there should be some protection for companies or people against unfounded statements. Does anyone else agree?

18. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Examples of libel, defamatory, malicious and unjust statements published on this forum:

"Beware of Alex Doyle Associates. I have read a few threads here and its all true. They claim to guarantee number 1 listings, but they can't deliver the goods!

I've been conned by them also. They also guarantee a refund if they don't achieve no.1 listings. Try getting a refund, Andrew Morris their Sales Director apparently isn't interested when I ask for one and comes up with excuses of them needing to do more to the source code to improve rankings!

I've lost patience with them and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are amateurs!"

Posted by Aleberto on 22/06/04

Alberto are a client of Alex Doyle's however, they were never conned nor are we amateurs. When the client posted this he was with us only a few weeks. No more posts since though.

"One of my clients recently asked me about this company - I pointed them to the thread on the subject in this forum. I got a call later the same afternoon thanking me for steering them to the real info on this company."

Posted by Guy From Chicago on 22/06/04.

Never had any contact with Alex Doyle Associates, based his comments on conjecture with no real info. Is he a competitor? How does he know about the "real info" on this company. It was just based on a few complaints by some people who aren't actually clients, some are. He hasn't looked into this before posting, if he had he would have seen clients at the top positions.

"Any time a SEOer promises guaranteed top placement for competitive keywords... he/she is either a crass amateur or a total liar. Keep your wallet closed."
    Posted by SeoAm on the 22/06/04

Professionals can guarantee positions if a site is optimised correctly.

"Unforunately, by working cross media, they exploit the vulnerabilities that this allows. Unfortunately also, it seems that it is only after people have been conned that they arrive here.

As a word of caution for all those people who are new to the game - if you publish on the web site details of how people can contact you by another method, eg telephone sales, address, be aware that you are allowing everybody in the world access to contact you about everything at any time of the night or day. So people like Alex Doyle will do just that."
    Posted by Foxy on the 25/06/04

Foxy had no knowledge, contact or association with Alex Doyle he bases his theories on this forum. I think we will all agree conjecture is a dangerous thing. So Foxy what are people like Alex Doyle like? Con men or legitimate people that are providing a valuable and valid, much needed service to site owners?

"The other one started about a different company though, but yeah it's pretty much all about Bogus Claims Associates, a.k.a. ADA"

Posted by Tops30 25/6/04

Libel at its zenith. Tops30 again doesn't have any relation or knowledge about Alex Doyle Associates just types malicious statements into forums. Here he is stating that Alex Doyle Associates Ltd is really a bogus firm. He is currently under investigation, litigation may follow.

19. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Examples Cont:

"No, just under construction for about 10 months.

I hear they have a few thousand monkeys working at a few thousand terminals..."

Posted by Vb mechanic 25/06/04

Vb mechanic has never had any contact with Alex Doyle, doesn't know anything about Alex Doyle and states he hears we have a few thousand monkeys at a few thousand terminals. Alex Doyle invests heavily into a professional faculty, we have no monkeys working for Alex Doyle, this is a direct slight at the people working here and their professional abilities. Its through the staff that we have that we can provide a legitimate service, our staff work long hours, have an amazing work ethic and ultimately care about the clients and their progress. The have an irrecoverable commitment to Alex Doyle and its client base.

"We are now working with Peter Johnston to get his site right!

Anyone who would like some advice on this matter, free or otherwise please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Companies like these give our industry a bad name.
    I wish you all well with your pursuit of this company, and if you need any back up and expert advice, we would be only too gald to help rid our industry of scum like this."
    Posted by Itc 15/07/04

Trying to be in competition. Offering a "helpful" hand to other clients, obviously for no advantage to himself. Itc has never had any association again with Alex Doyle Associates, however, he directly attacks Alex Doyle Associates calling us scum, that companies like Alex Doyle give his industry a bad name. Is this not malicious and libel.

"I could not care less about them - but I do about you and your masquerading"
    Posted by Foxy 16/7/04

Foxy has no association with Alex Doyle's, has no information about the company or it's operations. Challenged Alex Doyle to show clients within the top positions, we did, proved Foxy wrong showed his arguments for what they were. His answer is above. However, he doesn't care about firm hard facts that can't be disproven, justs cares about our "masquerading". He clearly implies we are illegitimate. However, he has no argument to back this up, all he has is conjecture.

"Don't you see what, who they are?

There is another thread that goes on for a long time about ADA and their practices.

Just take it as read."

Posted by Foxy on 16/07/04

After a legitimate response was posted by Alex Doyle Associates, this was Foxy's reply just take it as red! I rest my case.

20. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    EXAMPLES CONT:

"Yep count me in i was screwed too!!!!!

Read the t & C's though if you think you have any hope of getting your money back?

so to quote my legal advice what it means is that there money back guarantee DOES NOT COME INTO FORCE UNTIL THEY HAVE ACHIEVED THE 27 NUMBER POSITIONS THAT THEY ARE PROMISING!!

So as we all know we will be waiting until the next millenium before our contract with this company will become legally binding!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now consoled myself and hit myself repeatadly for quite literally throwing in excess of £2000 down the drain with these guys. I have now resigned myself to the stark reality that i will NEVER EVER ACHIEVE THESE GUARANTEED POSITIONS AND WILL MOST IMPORTANTLY NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEE MY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE COME INTO FORCE.

I am way too embarassed to let you guys know my web address as this is not the first time I was suckered into SEO by a bunch of ********."

Posted by Fluffy white clouds on the 20/07/04

Fluffy who are you? You post anonymously saying you were screwed by Alex Doyle Associates to the tune of £2000 but are to embarrassed to show your website on here. £2000 is a lot of embarrassment to handle, however, sorry to burst your bubble it doesn't even reflect our pricing structure. The fact that you say you have sought legal advice and that our terms and conditions dont come into effect until positions are achieved is complete rubbish. Anyone if you want a copy of our terms and conditions we will send them out to you. They are available for the public to view. The fact that you anonymously post and don't respond to my correspondance looses you credability. Surely if you were "screwed" that badly then you would want to warn potential customers about this. Could it be that you are just another Seo and this never happened? Also the fact that not one of the peeps on the forum challenged, just shows the mindset and weight of the arguments posted on this forum that we are dealing with.

"The list below is who called us (here in the UK). It is not a list of recommendations nor a black list... Just FYI so you know who are out there and who you can expect. If you are thinking of using 3d party SEO services, yuo might want to check these out in advance to avoid nasty surprises like those that ADA through at you:

Jump Higher
    BoMac
    Alex Doyle
    IoMart
    Top Flight

Latest number 1 guarantee company: ItsColdOutside

I forgot to keep bookmarks for you but I did check em all out and think there is only one with a decent site with honest statements and promises.

Be advised..."
    Posted by Tops30 on the 21/7/04

The all knowing all seeing self professed seo diy fanatic! No motives there then. Lists professional seo companies as potential hotspots including Alex Doyle Associates. Where has he derived this opinion from; a forum with anonymous posts listed that are based on conjecture. Can anyone see a trend yet?