1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Shawn do you agree that libel statements have been made on your forum?

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No... I don't follow this thread (I assume that's what you are talking about). So many people were stepping forward as dissatisfied Alex Doyle Associates customers though, that I did check to make sure none were coming from the same person.

And when I ran that check, the only one I found to be a duplicate person was "Dennis" saying how wonderful Alex Doyle is and he is a satisfied customer. Except it was coming from the same IP address that the ADA user was using.

Funny how a search to make sure someone isn't posting stuff against ADA only yields ADA posting as a "satisfied customer".

If you expect me to call everyone up that posts and interview them, well... that's just not going to happen.

It is amazing to me how many dissatisfied customers have stepped forward in this thread though (that's why I wanted to make sure it wasn't the same person).

digitalpoint, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  3. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    How many clients have come forward, have a look please
    I think it's about five

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can look just as easily as I can. I don't have the time to sift through all the Alex Doyle threads. And to be honest, I could care less how many are satisfied vs. dissatisfied. In fact, this whole thread is really boring for me (which is why I stopped reading it a long time ago).

5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So true... things that I have no interest in never can keep my interest for long (with everything in life).

6. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    You are obviously concerned with regards to how many dissastisfied clients were posting, thats why you were checking they weren't the same person but you still can't see the libel, thats ridiculous.

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The definition of libel is "The crime of issuing a malicious defamatory publication."

If the statements are false, it could be considered libel. If they are true, then it's not.

The reason I checked for duplicate posters was because it would be a simple way to expose someone doing it maliciously... and if I found users doing it, there would have been something done about it. Beyond that, there is nothing I can do to verify any statement (including yours).

8. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Here's an interesting one for you. Had a client that before he signed up was achieving 2 first place rankings. He read the forum spoke to an "seo", I think we know who that was. Whilst our work was in place he was receiving 22 first place rankings within four weeks, since he wiped the work because of the forum and advice of the "seo" his rankings have plumitted again to 2 first place rankings. This forum is not only damaging ourselves but existing clients. You can't argue with facts. Every action has a consequence.

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And you feel it's my responsibility to assist you in retaining your clients?

As far as arguing the facts... That's the point I made previously, it becomes a game of who's side to take. I'm not taking any sides because I don't know the "facts". Anything posted in a forum should be taken with a grain of salt, and not the "word of God" because nothing can be verified independently. The "facts" you give me are about as important to me as the facts that anyone else in this thread (or forum) give me about anything. If you feel someone is maliciously pursuing your clients by spreading false accusations, you should pursue the matter in a court. I'll even happily remove any specific post if presented with a court order to do so.

10. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your co-operation SHawn, that thread wasn't particularly directed at yourself but was directed at everyone in the forum who has done damage to myself and our clients.

11. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think your responsible for helping me retain clients, I think the forum's responsible for a certain amount of damage caused to my clients and my companies reputation. As the CEO you own the forum, so the forum's your responsibility surely.

12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The forum is an avenue of discussion. If someone has an opinion on something, they are free to post it. If you really wanted to stretch it, I could say you are slandering Digital Point for claiming we are intentionally allowing libel statements about ADA. Of course, that's not how I feel, but the point is that everyone has an opinion, and people are free to their opinion.

Anything I don't personally agree with I'll post a message saying so, but to delete threads/posts simply because I don't personally agree with them would be a LOT of posts and a lot of work (not to mention make for a pretty lame, moderated forum).

In regards to this particular thread, I never had any personal dealing with ADA, so I can't really comment either way. If I *did*, and I had good service (or bad service) I would post my opinion though.

13. Swift Loans

Swift Loans Guest

Best Answers:
    I am currently an active client of Alex Doyle Associates and I have to say I am amazed by what I have read by a handful of individuals trying to dent and tarnish the reputation of a company who has provided my company with an excellent service so far.

If you are so called dissatisfied clients of Alex Doyle Associates I would not be remotely interested as an individual of purchasing any goods or services you would look to offer after reading this forum.

The professionalism of the individuals posting messages on this forum is shocking.

I regularly have my telephone calls returned and I am receiving a lot of help regarding the building and content of a new website which is currently under construction.

I have read back over the early pages of this forum and I can guarantee Alex Doyle Associates do exist as I will not do sales calls over the telephone only face to face. They quite happily came to my offices where we have been through the service they provide. I was only yesterday at there offices and spent the majority of day with the Managing Director ( who correctly is not Andrew Morris but has always been known as the Sales Director to my company and was introduced as that position ) and did so last week. Why would a bogus company want to spend so much time getting to know an individual whom they are trying to con I ask myself!!!!.

I suggest people who don’t have dealings with a specific company mainly Digital Point keep comments to themselves and get on with their own business.

We all know success of a company or individuals makes others jealous and become determined to try and take that success away why else are these forums set up. A lot of what I have read doesn’t make sense and by the content of your messages I expect you are very successful people!.

Swift Loans, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  14. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of interest, nothing more, whats your website address?

I have a friend who runs a loan company and he may want to reciprocate links with you

Darren :)

DarrenC, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, I do have dealings with them, and if you read my comments regarding them, they only are about my personal dealings with them (not them or their services as a company).

My dealings with them are as follows:

So technically, I have had some dealings with them. I know nothing about the services they offer, and no idea if they are good or bad, but my comments are limited to my dealings with them to begin with.

16. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be very interesting to see where swiftloans is in all this

Shaun - have you traced his/ her IP ?

leeds1, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, I didn't bother... I'm guessing it's legit. Or if it's not, they surely wouldn't use the same IP address to do it again when they already were busted doing it once.

18. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    A quick search on google for Swift loans brings up
    http://www.swift-personal-loans.co.uk/

Can the person from swify loans give tell me which search terms Alex Doyle has 'optimised' for them?

Kirkburton, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  19. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    The site is 'under construction' I think. Well I hope so :)

magellan, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  20. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    After all the public fighting and not-being-so-nice to eachother I PMed Alex Media and got their numbers to speak in private. I didn't like how this was going nowhere and I certainly didn't like the threats being thrown at me and others.

So I did ring Andrew to listen to his story, and what he wanted to see happen to close this case bacause it is a waste of time for many of us (apart from those few who are legitemately trying to get money back for valid reasons).

We spoke for about 15 minutes and I'm pleased we did. Apparently others got in touch too, I hope the remaining people who say they have problems will do so too because they do seem open for suggestions/feedback/negotiation.

I still stand by my opinion that one should not and can not guarantee 27 #1 spots for 12 months. Not only is this opinion based on a fair understanding of how Search Engine's work, Google warns here: No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.

But I guess if someone do decide to guarantee just that and they have adequate guarantees in place and do keep their promise of refunds; then it is fine by me for companies to promise that. Maybe a 'mission virtually impossible IMHO' would be nicer to say than 'bogus claims'.

Andrew told me they have refunded clients where appropriate and I think it is more than fair (I have done it in retail too) to reject refunds if the company has tried everything to please the customer according to the T's & C's but they are not willing to cooperate. Fair play both ways (Buyers are Liars, Sellers are Too is the old and very true sales saying).

As we spoke we agreed that we both based our opinions on only part of the story. Andrew only read what I said here without knowing me, I only knew things from when they called, what I saw on their site and what I heard here from others without really knowing the company and their track record. It was good to talk.

Further from here...

I will cease my interest in this thread because I am not a client of theirs and won't be either (I'll do the dirty work myself). I would be interested in knowing how the others who claim things come out of this but I do believe they can solve things in a fair way by ringing Andrew at Alex Doyle Associates. PM Alex Media for a number.

My message for people who find this thread when looking for info on this company:

Yes it is strange Alex Doyle didn't show up #1 on the Search Engine you used. Wouldn't it be a nice example when they hold 27 #1 positions themselves? But they are apparently busy with their own site. So you found this forum and quite possibly another one about this company. All I can say is this... We here know one side of the story and have given our opinions. Read them as opinions not as facts (basically counts for everything you read on the internet). Verify things yourself by ringing Alex Doyle, ask for examples, perhaps get their info from the Companies House etc. etc. Also do understand beforehand what is involved in SEOing a website so you won't see any surprises. This forum is a good source, there are more online. Read the link above pointing to Google's guidelines. Read and understand Alex Doyle Associates contract and T's and C's and I am convinced you shouldn't be worried. Perhaps also ring a few competitors. Andrew is not a bad guy, Alex Doyle Associates isn't a bad company. The economics rule of supply and demand in an open market wouldn't allow for bad companies being in existance (the only real bad ones are gouvernment funded).

My advice for Alex Doyle Associates... Get a website up and running so customers can get to you. It saves on the cold calling, gives people a place to calmly read all about what you do etc. etc. Get it #1 and people won't find this thread as easily. It could also display your telephone number in case people need to get in touch. I'm sure you are working on this.

So I have said my initial opinions. Now I know more I say what I think again and don't hesitate to do so. Innocent until proven guilty is a gift, those who have still got issues, come forward and have them sorted out.

Enough is said, enough time wasted, enough DP hard disk space and bandwidth wasted...

At the end of the converstaion with Andrew I volunteered to write this post with the intention to encourage those new to this company to not base their decisions just on what is being said here. So there ya go. Read everybody's opinions, make up your own mind.

I rest my case.

Now I need a cup of tea!

T0PS3O, Aug 11, 2004 IP