1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Ranking

Discussion in 'General Business' started by UnSkeen, Oct 22, 2010.

How long did it take for you guys to get a good alexa ranking?
    And how long do you reckon at 100,000 visitors per day I could get a 50- alexa ranking?

UnSkeen, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  2. scx316

scx316 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how much traffic you're getting and how many of your visitor use the Alexa toolbar. To answer you second question, I don't think so. IGN.com, I believe, gets millions of unique visitors a day and they're alexa is 267.

scx316, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  3. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry meant 50000.

UnSkeen, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  4. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa is really not relevant and it can easily be manipulated I would not bother worrying about it.

MayaLocke, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  5. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm on top of google now so atleast that's good I guess. I won't bother with alexa until later in time then MayaLocke.

UnSkeen, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your traffic. You can hit that within 3 months if you know the technique

lifeplayer, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  7. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This a message to all readers of thread and to people who think Alexa rank is important that Alexa rank does not matter at all and one should not worry with such useless things when one has other important things like pr, trafiic etc. Alexa rank is easily manipulated and worthless. One can see a uselless site having ten times better rank than a one earning serious cash.

laxman363, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  8. hgeert

hgeert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically an Alexa ranking is not important. Having a high or low Alexa ranking does not help a site one bit.

hgeert, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  9. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can just install the Alexa tool bar and within a week you will see a huge difference in your alexa ranking.

togotutor, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  10. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm first on google and I've got nice analytics hitting 150,000 around that now!

UnSkeen, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  11. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on how many of your visitors have the alexa tool bar installed. If you own a tech/business website the odds of your visitors having the alexa tool bar installed are much greater than a website who get traffic about celebrities for example.... And like everyone else says alexa can easily be manipulated therefore its not very relevant. If you are getting 150,000 visitors you shouldn't even care about what your alexa rank is, you can monetize that traffic to generate lots of money and your alexa ranking will have nothing to do with your profits.

Le Dangles, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  12. blackhawkpartners

blackhawkpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    If we want good alexa ranking, we need to do more work on SEO and the work should be daily updated. So that with in short period of time, we can get good ranking in Alexa.

blackhawkpartners, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  13. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thatz true that alexa ranking can be manipulated, but upto certain extent and not till the end. I myself tried doing free hits for one of my blog by the help of many auto surf softwares. The alexa of that blog came down between 200,000 to 300,000. However after that it kept on moving between this figure itself. This was just one of my trial methods of checking the alexa ranking. Then I realised if it can be so easily manipulated, why should we give so much importance to it ?

However I noticed that many people also take this into consideration while dealing with or buying any product or the site. So we can't completely ignore it :)

China_girl, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  14. abelchua

abelchua Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa rankings cannot be trusted as there are many ways to help yourself rank on it

abelchua, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  15. zchatila

zchatila Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also think Alexa is not terribly accurate in their rankings. I have 5 or 6 six sites and have the Alexa toolbar installed. When I compare my actual traffic (statcounter) to the Alexa rankings of various websites I own, they don't make sense.

I have 2 sites that are close in ranking but one gets 200 pageviews per day while the other gets 10.

zchatila, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  16. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a handy metric to get a vague idea of where your site sits versus another site, but it isn't even slightly accurate. I have a site with almost entirely Australians who don't seem to have the Alexa toolbar installed and the site has a rank in the millions. Granted, its not a very big site, but another I have that at the time had similar traffic had an Alexa ranking around 800k.

And of course the 'worse' site earns the most (mainly because the other one has utterly dismal low earnings, but still)

RumpledElf, Oct 28, 2010 IP