1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alicia by PHPizabi - some worries about the license agreement

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by resurepus, Dec 1, 2006.

I have installed Alicia on http://www.ArtCrowd.org a few days ago, but recentl I've come accross this extract from user agreement and there are some points that really worry me. Could you post your opinions on in which ways it may affect my website (I can see some obvious points like I'd better not sell it, but maybe there are things I am missing). Thanks in advance!

resurepus, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  2. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    This move worries me.

I can only imagine the reasons why of this move.

I don't agree with it and I certainly don't the legal implications of this TOS.

EJRaven, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  3. WineGuy

WineGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Give the website and script away to your buyer in case of a future sale and sell the aggregated databases that "you" have built during the life of the website, as a separate asset from the website. They have not made a claim on that in the TOS from what I can see. The accumulated database/members is the valuable aspect of a mature site anyway.

Cheers!

WineGuy

WineGuy, Dec 8, 2006 IP