1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Align text on the same height

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by kinney, Dec 29, 2012.

Hey folks,

so this is probably an amateur question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway! I've been working with Photoshop for a while now, mainly just for fun in my free time.
    Now, I have two pictures and I want to put a text on both of them at the exact same height. Of course I could try to eyeball it, but firstly I suck at it and secondly I'm a little fussy when it comes to stuff like this. Here's an example:
    ml5f6x.jpg

"Align bottom edges" won't do it for me because it's too close to the bottom for my taste. I've tried to work with guides and rulers, but I don't think I was doing it right because it wasn't very helpful.
    So if someone could tell me their way of doing it or explain the use of guides again so I can get it right, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
    Leila

kinney, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  2. GreaseCode

GreaseCode Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The guide and Ruler would help but if you need a simple and easy way then count the nudge's that you give the text from the bottom(place the text at the bottom of the canvas)
    Apply the same number of nudge's on the second image and you should have a perfectly aligned text on both your images.

GreaseCode, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  3. magpie0322

magpie0322 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, what I do is create the text for the first box. You can then either alt click with shift and drag the wording over to the next box, then alter the wording, or copy the text layer then shift drag it across.

magpie0322, Jan 6, 2013 IP