1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alpha Channels in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by tin2mon, Oct 27, 2010.

I have a file to be used for print. One of the options when saving in Photoshop is saving Alpha Channels. This file has been saved using this saving option. When I go into channels I have a new additional channel named Alpha 1 in addition to the CMYK channels. When I double click on this channel my channel options pop up and it states: colour indicates and masked areas is selected. What is the purpose of having this channel. Thanks ahead of time if you can help.

tin2mon, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  2. ethikz

ethikz Peon

Best Answers:
    To my knowledge and to the context i've used it...for instance I opened a C4D render it had a black background but I didn't want the background so I just went into the channels and clicked on the render in the alpha channel and then copied it. I then pasted it into the image i was working on and it just pasted the render itself without the background

ethikz, Oct 27, 2010 IP