1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Fighting to Compete vs Google Adwords

Discussion in 'General Business' started by najinsword, Aug 24, 2014.

I just read this on Mashable and found it interesting. As Internet Marketers we know that if we want ad revenue one of our only go to solutions is in Google Adwords. I'm sure we can all agree that it is not the best when it comes to PPC or even the smallest things as to getting a account approved. So now the corporate giant that Amazon is giving their hand at it. "The platform, called Amazon Sponsored Links, was disclosed to possible advertising partners as a test program set to launch in the latter half of 2014, according to the Journal". There really is not much else to say about it. We have very little information about it so it is hard to talk about, but what do you guys think? Personally I think its great to have more reliable options in the PPC space.

Source: http://mashable.com/2014/08/23/amazon-sponsored-links/

najinsword, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    From my perspective, it sounds like a double-edged sword. While my ad for cables will show up, it will be on an Amazon page displaying hundreds of competitive products, some from people selling used and/or unused items from their garage. Of course, it will be cable buyers, so that is on the plus side and I would have to consider it if I was in the consumer cabling business. I focus on corporate accounts and back when I was an Amazon merchant, I am not aware of a single corporate client that I picked up from that effort. That was not the case with eBay, by the way. Many years ago it get me a new corporate client each month.

jrbiz, Aug 25, 2014 IP