1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another "what is the best" thread.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by journeyoftheanimals, Jan 5, 2011.

I know this site must be full of threads like this asking what the best CMS is. But I thought I would start my own so I could state what I am using it for and perhaps get a more direct answer.

I am working on developing a website at http://www.laughsonthenet.com

This is going to be a new humor based website. My goals as of launch day are 10,000 images, 1,000 jokes and 100 videos. The 10,000 images is going to be the easiest part. I have over 50,000 images, I just need to sort them and edit a couple. Also the fact that I already have so many images will supply me with a stock to be able to keep the site new a fresh every week. The videos is going to be the hardest and therefore has the lowest goal.

But on with what I am looking for. As you can see I plan on hosting tons of images. I would like the images to be able to be voted on and possibly e-mailed from the site. I know those features would be a module or something but I thought I would include that information. I have been debating between hosting the videos myself or embeding youtube videos. I am leaning towards using embeded videos to avoid any problems with copyrights or anything.

Then of course I plan on having the pages containing the jokes and separate pages containing the weird news stories.

So with all of this in mind what CMS do you think I am looking for?

Oh and I plan on having a very small forum with just a few categories mainly to make it easier for the public to submit their material like jokes and funny images.

I use Joomala on another site I run and I like it for the most part. Except I hate the long URLs it creates. I do not have the money to invest in any web designs or moduals you have to purchase in order to shorten URLs. So I guess my main concern is a decent CMS with short URLs.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Oh and if you happen to be a graphic designer and might be interested in donating a little time I would really like to get a very simple logo made. I have it all designed in my head and could probably do it myself but I think someone with more skill could do a much better job then anything I could throw together. Just thought I would toss that out there and if I do not get any hits then I will post that question in a more appropriate category.

journeyoftheanimals, Jan 5, 2011 IP