1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Gimp Users Here ?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Hackbridge, Aug 15, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I have only recently joined, and that is out of my desire to create web sites, and learn more about internet marketing etc.

I created a site which needed a banner which I have a few, but the banner reads " Place your Webiste name here" and I would like some help please how I might change it, as I only downloaded Gimp for that purpose. Obviously, I'd like to use it more than once.

Perhaps if there's a tutorial anywhere which a 5 year old could use, then I know that I could use it as well :D

If anyone wants to see the banner, I could always post the link (if I'm allowed) so you can see what I mean?

Kind regards

Brian

Hackbridge, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  2. Hackbridge

Hackbridge Member

Best Answers:
    Just one person, and they used to use Gimp - is there anyone else who can help me? Hoping to use this software soon as possible.

Kind regards

Brian

Hackbridge, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. Dark Frost

Dark Frost Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly is "gimp"? give some more details and I will take a gander at it to see if I can help

Dark Frost, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  4. Hackbridge

Hackbridge Member

Best Answers:
    Gimp can be found here @ gimp org.It's an open source image editing tool like Photoshop. All the details are on the link - thank you :)

You can found out all about it if you do a search, it'll come out at the top. I don't know why people call themselves gimps, but it's definitely about software in my book.

Kind regards

Brian

Hackbridge, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  5. alterego85

alterego85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I use Ulead Photo Impact. GIMP is simpler to use, though.

alterego85, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  6. acidfrenzy

acidfrenzy Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the deal? Gimp is great. Just click around to see what the stuff do and you'll be fine. Post the banner or url if you want futher help.

acidfrenzy, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  7. RRWH

RRWH Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are a heap of sites that have gimp tutorials - simply do a search.

Yeah, I occasionally use the GIMP to do some basic image editing and if you have ever used any graphics package it should be reasonably straight forward - but without the big pricetag!

RRWH, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  8. levander

levander Guest

Best Answers:
    gimptalk.com is the only site I've heard about that has tutorials up to date with the latest gimp version.

levander, Aug 29, 2006 IP