1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any good Wordpress theme for B2B website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mandaar, Jul 22, 2010.

Hello guys, I'm going to start B2B (Business to Business) website; but I'm not able to found any good wordpress theme for this. Could anyone please suggest me any FREE or PREMIUM wordpress theme which is made for B2B website ? for example, Classipress is made for Classified website, just like that.

Waiting for your reply.. Thank you in advance ! :)

mandaar, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  2. createdevelop

createdevelop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have written a lot about using wordpress for business on my blog. There are some great themes out there, but here are a few things to look for;

1. Menu bar across the top.
    2. Two Column Layout
    3. Space for your logo in the top left hand corner.
    4. Background colour of the body is white.
    5. Stretchable side areas (outside of the body)
    6. CSS menu (not images)

Also there are a few more factors that need to be taken into account;

Decide what your brand is; choose a flexible template

Have a look around at your competitors and see how they are producing their website. Make sure you have a template that is flexible enough to be customised and changed to suit your brand. We don’t want to see an infinate number of customisable options, like in atuhalpa, but you do need to be able to change the background, change the colours and easily add a logo.

Reduced Javascript and CSS

There are some good plugins to reduce the size and compress .js and css files, however they don’t always work with all templates and sometimes they can be a pain to customise. Templates that rely on a lot of additional css and javascript files, across a lot of folders, will slow down your website. In the long term this pay cause you to be penalised by search engines.

Breathing space

Your website should breath. Too much clutter and you will scare away and confuse your visitors. Every element in your wordpress website should be given breathing space. It should also mean that when you add a widget to the sidebar, whether it is an image or text, it should not destroy the flow of the template.

Based on these recomendations, the latest best FREE wordpress themes for business are;
    iblog
    - titan
    - eco
    - idream
    - greener-side
    - Light Word

createdevelop, Jul 22, 2010 IP