1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Merchant/People Accepting BitCoins ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by XiNiX, Jan 30, 2014.

Hi All,

Our Clients have been asking us to support this revolutionary currency. Is Any One here accepting BitCoins ? How do you cope us with the fluctuations ?

Plz Suggest.

XiNiX, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We sell mostly to businesses in the US, but I have not heard one word from my customers (IT buyers) about bitcoins. We accept all credits cards, bank wire and paypal. Of course, we give terms to credit-worthy corporations. XiNiX, what are the demographics of your buyers?

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  3. Gaiacom_LC

Gaiacom_LC Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, we accept them. We use Bit-Pay, a processing and settlement service, to convert them to USD immediately upon sale. No issues in a couple years now.

Gaiacom_LC, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  4. Katherine Williams

Katherine Williams Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure, we accept.

Katherine Williams, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  5. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    We use an instant cash-out service so that we can get the current dollar rate as soon as payment is received. Also require a transaction fee so that transactions are quick and don't take days, leaving you vulnerable to volatility like the $400 drop that just occurred.

Iconiplex, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  6. xtcpoker

xtcpoker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also recommend using BitPay. Awesome that you are making Bitcoin an option!

xtcpoker, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  7. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    We haven't yet, but it might not be a bad idea. After all, we do have an international office and we sell software.

BoostSoftware, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would never want to accept a method of payment that can be lose value over night.

NetStar, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  9. Premium_Domain_sales

Premium_Domain_sales Active Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for Bitpay. you have to update your business with latest trend.

Premium_Domain_sales, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  10. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a Custom Golf Club ecommerce site and not one customer or potential customer has asked about "Bitpay", "Bitcoin". or "Monopoly" money Yet, I guess our business and customers are just not that trendy.

Everyone that accepts bitcoin at some point converts it to cash to use it. So, I just take dollars to begin with and then I have no fees and I can use my cash at will

al

agmccall, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  11. stop-ddos

stop-ddos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bitpay is great and usefull if you are able to intergrate their api into your shop/billing/crm. If not, you could accept btc into your personal wallet adding 1-10% fee to reduce exchange rate drop risk, and than withdraw on any exchange points, ie btc-e.com.

stop-ddos, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  12. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Would you accept one that can gain value overnight?

Obviously accepting Bitcoin is a risk, but it's almost like diversifying your portfolio. I'm sure 98% of people are still going to be paying USD (or whatever currency you accept) but you could accept Bitcoin and hang on to some in the case that it goes up. There are still a lot of analysts that think it can rise quite a bit by the end of the year.

There are a lot of big companies that accept Bitcoin now: Dell, Newegg, Overstock, Intuit. There has to be a reason for this right? Whether it's a marketing play, adding new customers, or just pure speculation, I would have to think we should take notice.

quadxnet, Jul 24, 2014 IP