1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

any success on reseller packages?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mark ginn, Mar 7, 2014.

debating on going into webhosting or turnkey niches, does anyone have success from it here? i understand there's a massive market for it but competing in whats already out there seems a bit unlikely, what do you guys think?

mark ginn, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just answer this question to yourself - Why should customers come to YOU?

if you are trying to compete on rates - then you need to have 100 customers to make 100$, and your cost will be 100-150$ for the dedicated itself, so you will be worse than a janitor. that too for unlimited support tickets.

you need to have SOMETHING that differentials you from " them"

i got my customers paying me 50$ a website , for a REASON!!

competent123, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  3. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    100-150 for a dedicated isn't a good startout package though is it, surely you would start out on the smaller servers and move up as you move along, so it would be a trial and error with minimal costs surely?
    the thing thats different would be the price being lower, since all niches are basically covered in the market now from what i can see

mark ginn, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  4. AveUgotaWkdSide

AveUgotaWkdSide Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a very crowded market now and I would recommend starting with a reseller packages, then working your way up to a dedicated server. For a good few months you can expect to make a loss as gaining customers isn't easy. Saying that, you can do it, you just need to be committed and have a good knowledge in the industry. As the old say goes "treat those how you would expect to be treated", remember this when talking to customers.

AveUgotaWkdSide, Mar 8, 2014 IP
  5. lilsimon04

lilsimon04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried to sell reseller hosting in the past and let me tell you it is quite difficult. The reason being is because there are so many big name sites out there these days with extremely low pricing. The thing with reseller hosting is your packages are normally not going to be very cheap. The other reason it is difficult is because it is going to be hard to get people to your site. There are tons of hosting sites out there and you are going to have to figure out what you are offering your customers that they can not get anywhere else. I personally have never had great luck with reseller hosting, but I do wish you the best of luck!

lilsimon04, Mar 16, 2014 IP