1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone at paypal we can escalate issues with

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hardjoko, Jun 5, 2012.

I think many people have had the same problem as I do.

I commit the ultimate mistake in internet marketing. I left too much balance in paypal.

For years paypal have been a great partner. My money comes from domain parking companies. Hence, I do not think I have ever need to refund or generate dispute.

To be short, I trusted them. Which is a mistake. Well, businesses grow so well I do not know where else to put the money and hence let some cash stay for 2-3 days.

Finally they limited my account with over $9k balance. That amount of money is HUGE. They said there is unusual login activity. That doesn't make sense. I always login from my computer. Also I do not think it's a coincidence that this happen when my account balance is huge.

Long story short, they asked me to send some proof of address and scanned ID to proof my identity. I was suspicious. I've been withdrawing money to my personal bank account for years. They also know one of my credit card and they know it's not virtual credit card through BIN check. It's as if they already made up their mind and pretend to make this submit document ritual so they can blame the customer.

My appeal is denied. Many others face the same issue.
    http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2008/04/20/paypal-funds-released/
    https://getsatisfaction.com/paypal/topics/my_paypal_account_is_staying_locked

If the issue is really just to verify that I am what I am, there are many easy ways paypal can do so. They can just phone me. They can phone my bank where I have withdrawn money from paypal for years. I am a big customer with clean records. It makes perfect business sense for them to do so.

It seems that all they did is asking for documentation that anyone can fake and then claim it's fake, which is kind of stupid. I provided real documents of course.

It seems that some people can at least get their money earlier or even get their account reinstated after complaining "loudly" to attorney generals, BBB, etc. I prefer to do this politely. I may have to do this however.

I phoned their limitation department. I asked them, "After years of being your customers you're going to just dump me like that?" That limitation department simply said "yes." with my business partner, another paypal holder, hear in disgust. The girl just say that my account is "high risk" despite clean records for YEARS. Yea it's high risk. It's high risk of getting money seized by them I guess.

Her reasoning is that paypal has given me a chance to supply documentation and I blew it because THEY rejected my documents, which are real documents.

I can get that notarized, I can provide even more documents. Hell, I can even fly all the way to their singapore office, date some of their babes and breed real children. They simply said that once closed it's closed.

Yet I read in the web that honest users with clean records tend to get their paypal accounts opened somehow. How is the issue.

They held my whole balance for 180 days. That's a long time in internet marketing.

Some got their money released early by threatening and complaining a lot like http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2008/04/20/paypal-funds-released/ . I think I want to avoid that road for a now. I am a reasonable human being that understand that mistakes are being made.

It's just that they are simply wrong on my case and I can proof it.

I think all this request to get scanned document seems like a ruse to make it looks like I am the one at fault. It is also possible that their policy simply fails.

This has happened to many people. Not just me.

Is there any email in paypal where I and people in my situation can escalate this issue?

I understand that paypal face real scammers. My monthly fee to paypal is at least $200 per month. That's far more than interest they can get by holding my money for 180 days. Also they get better reputation if they resolve this amicably. My years of history for paypal is clean. I know some millionaires personally, and paypal have reputation to guard.

I think a reasonable manager or executive will think it's just a good idea to at least release my payment early. Paypal go the extra mile fixing $450 issue here http://www.lockergnome.com/osx/2012/02/28/paypal-apple-fraud-policies/ .

With luck they may even want to do business with me again.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    hardjoko, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  2. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update: I noticed that paypal took 2.5% extra at least every time I withdraw money to my bank account. That means my fee is $300 per month to them. I understand they have to face many real fraudsters. However the issue is not whether I am a fraudster. There is no issue. The issue is whether I am who I say I am. It's not that hard to verify.

hardjoko, Jun 6, 2012 IP