1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone ever heard of / used wartrade.com ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sholva, Sep 25, 2004.

Hey guys,

Has anyone here ever heard of wartrade.com basically why I'm asking is their site seems unmanned and they never sent me a payment I requested back in Feb. this year.

I know they've started off a sister (or spin off) site called allsportsmarket.com that's recently come out of beta, but I wanted to know if anyone knows what's happening with wartrade it's 80 bucks they never sent, and there's still more in my account. Technically I think I'm even, with how much I put in to start with and how much I've got out, but I still want my money obviously!

If you're wondering what the hell wartrade is, it's a stock market simulation based around day trading skills. You put real money in, and you get "play" money which you can convert later. Yes they were real, I received 2 payments from them in 2003 when I was actively playing it.

Comments would be appreciated, thanks. :) PM me if you have some info and prefer to keep it private.

Sholva, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  2. Shine

Shine Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like they're best to avoid if that's what's happened. Doesn't sound very business-like to me.

Shine, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  3. Sholva

Sholva Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the "game" is pretty dead now, but still I think there's more to it than it seems. It's easly to think they're avoiding me so they don't have to pay, but they were very business like for 2003 ... I guess things have gone down hill and maybe no ones reading the emails any longer.

Talked to some guy that has contacts with the people that run it, he said to try contact them on a different address and mention his name (supposidly he worked on some of their stuff)

I guess I'll tell you later how it turns out... just realised I have quite a bit of money still there and I did indeed get back more than I put it.

Sholva, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  4. poker8.com

poker8.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I have around $1200 ($120'000 WTD) invested, or should I say lost through wartrade.
    It was setup by a guy named Chris who also recently setup a site called allsportsmarket.
    When I spoke to staff from allsportsmarket, they said that wartrade has been contracted off and they have very little to do with this site anymore. Hence why you got service in 2003 and no service at all in 2004.

poker8.com, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  5. live

live Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the name of the stocks you trading in wartrade.

live, Apr 16, 2005 IP