1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone have any explanation for this strange data?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by broombroom, Feb 8, 2014.

Hi I have a fairly new small affiliate website its 1 year old. Since the start of this year its traffic started taking a nose dive but strangely my click through rate has doubled yet my conversion rate has drastically dropped and I have no idea why.

My website was consistently growing through October to December as I was writing more content. I was gaining 200 to 270 visits a day and then suddenly on the 31st December it dropped by practically half down to 150 visits a day and since then it has been dwindling down.

Now, all of January I didn't write any content because I was changing the appearance of the website. I don't use any dirty SEO tactics or black hat techniques. Just simple content. Strangely my Amazon click through rate has doubled(seems fishy) and my conversion rate has dropped significantly, I averaged between 7 and 10% but its dropped to about 1%. Was there a major algorithm change from Google?

ps I promote accessories and they aren't exactly a seasonal kind of thing plus my rankings haven't dropped, not that i have noticed.

broombroom, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  2. soundguy

soundguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to tell, but this looks like normal behaviour. Google do updates of SERP many times a day and this can influent the incoming traffic to your webpage. Also some competiting websites could have reached better positions than your website in last days.
    300 visiors => 150 visitors is not a significant change, altough it's a half of original traffic.
    add quality and unique articles, if they will be good quality, people will share/link them naturally
    buy or build quality backlinks for your website

and expect rise. But don't stop improving / updating your website again.

soundguy, Feb 8, 2014 IP