1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone owns an established small or medium scale business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by csreference, Jul 3, 2010.

Frankly, i need some motivation. I know there are many people in this world who has a website and they don't go to work but work for themselves and earn a big deal. And, they have become successful enough to register and establish it as PVT LTD.

I am currently working on establishing a business online which will work and go good, no doubt. But i completed my graduation in 2008 and worked in Online Marketing and Quality Management program for 1.8 years now i am working on PHP for this small business owner.

So the thought that dumping a job and staying home entire life kind of scares me. I think i am being weak and negative, i need to be positive, strong and take some efforts in online business.

So is anyone of you all webmasters already have a small to medium scale business like this and entirely settled? And don't care to get a job?

Please share your experiences.:confused:

csreference, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  2. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    In my honest opinion, I am not old enough to take up my career as I am 17 however I believe working at home is the "dream job" for anyone and I'm sure you can see why.

- Increase your earnings by working harder.
    - Fun and completely flexible hours.
    - Enjoying life and learn great things.

Those three things are what motivates you. The fact that you can do whatever, whenever. Go on holiday for a week in winter, Watch TV in the day, Go to festivals, or go the cinema? It's a relaxing, fun and rewarding lifestyle and if you think carefully, you'd understand where I'm coming from.

These jobs aren't the fact of being "entirely settled", because if I'm honest, not every job means your settled (even contracts have their expirations) it's just you keep money for a rainy day and you'll be settled in any way, shape or form.

oxidati0n, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  3. rofro

rofro Peon

Best Answers:
    While working at home has its benefits, it can become difficult to separate your life from your work. Setting up a specific room and hours of work can help.

rofro, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  4. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    You said all you needed to when you stated you needed motivation. If the thought of earning a lot of money to do a little work while in your slippers and pajamas is not motivating, I doubt anyone can help you.

You've got the skills, but not the desire. I would rather help someone that has a fire burning to achieve something than help a person that is unmotivated, yet claims to be skilled. Personally, I'm not impressed and any guidance I posted here would be a waste of my time.

Dynamo, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  5. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been working online since 1997. I self taught myself everything through 13 years of trial and error. I have worked full time online the better part of a decade now.

Barefootsies, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't have to do the whole hog in the beginning. Maybe try the online biz part time until you are sure that it is sustainable. You can then give up your full time job to concentrate fully on your biz.

wisdomtool, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  7. CODmagnate

CODmagnate Member

Best Answers:
    You can make 150 bucks a day the first day if you get into the right niche.

CODmagnate, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  8. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would suggest you continue working at the place you are working at now .. and earn some passive income online on the side ...

when you are earning good enough online then quit your job and scale it up ~

n3o, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  9. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, you can give all of the advice and I admire you for it. However, with no motivation, everything said after or before that is moot. Those of us that walk the walk had the fire and passion to be free of 4 alien walls and superiors/managers that knew far less than we did. We did things the right way; we worked to earn our ways to the promised land. We continue to do what got us there every day.

No amount of advice can help an unmotivated, uninspired individual. I would rather help a homeless person that has the fire within them to work and make their mark in the world and walk the same path all of us that have been successful have done.

If that's harsh, it is because I have seen and heard this before... personally. An unmotivated person with skills is like a Ferrari with no engine and wants this handed to them. All of us worked far too hard, or at least I did, to give the knowledge away to someone that will in all likelihood never apply or use it. If that sounds tough, it's because I know what it's like to start at the beginning and work until the wee hours of the morning or late at night to achieve all that I have and all that I will continue to attain. I'm not nearly through yet and the words "I need motivation" have never been uttered by this person. They never will be either.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    Dynamo, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  10. csreference

csreference Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the answers, so i am going to follow what you said. I will just go to work and do things side by side and quit the job once i settle with what i have in my mind. Why i needed motivation was because i need an investment for my business and that is where it is getting so slow, its been 1.5 years now already and i still need some money for resources online including some for marketing. I earn less and i don't want to lend money or take loan for that.

It is not about the success of the business, i already know it will work and go good, that is exactly what i said even in my question, right? But, that's not unless it is fully established.

The business will also need advertising on IT and technology magazine which would bring me enough clients from the market,and the magazine guys said it will cost 1,00,000 INR and that would take me 10 months to earn that much without spending a penny from the pay. So thats all, i think i just need some patience..;)

csreference, Jul 7, 2010 IP