1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone tried MagicShovels Digg Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jsingh1022, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Lately, other bloggers have have been telling me that the Digg front page is an easy way to rack up hundreds of thousands of hits and a plethora of subscribers. So today, I started Googling tips on how I can make the front page. From what I learned, it's very hard to make the front page unless you're a powerful user that has been using the site for a long time. I also found out some of these powerful users may be willing to help you for a price, and there also some sites out there.

The best price I found was www.magicshovels.com. However, I don't want to just dump my money on it without some other info... So my questions are:

1.) Has anyone every tried their service? If yes, how did it go?
    2.) Has anyone ever made the front page? If yes, any details (how much traffic did you get, how you went about making it to the front, etc.)?

Any other information related to Digg marketing is also welcome :D

jsingh1022, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    I am relatively certain that Digg has now hired a few people to actually go through each of the posts before they make it to the front page, which has severely limited the number of companies claiming to be able to make it to the front page. The algorithms have also shifted around, so personally I would not trust this service despite their "money back guarantee" because you could easily get your site banned from Digg.

Gallito, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. Merk13

Merk13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the same boat jsingh, I have recently read about the power of getting good ranking on Digg. I have found a forum that is just for Digg exchanges and I am going to focus on adding Digg friends as well. I am not sure there is an easy or quick way to get it done. On some forums you will find Digg users selling their service to promote your Digg to their friends list of thousands, that might be the best way to start without spending a ton of money.

Merk13, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  4. addiktion

addiktion Peon

Best Answers:
    @jsingh I didn’t use it but I do know someone else who did. A good friend of mine has a blog he started a while back that he tried submitting himself but never got more than 2-3 diggs (which were just ours anyway). I know he tried another service first which didn’t work. He used these guys maybe a month back and they got him front page on the first go which got him hundreds of subscribers in 2 days, and obviously tons of exposure. Apparently they’re doing good because when they helped him a month ago they were still operating without a website and said they were going to make one. So I guess they finally did.

IMHO, I’d say try them. It seems like they offer you a lot of money back if they can’t FP you. I think their rate is $50+$.50/Digg under 200 if they can’t FP you. So if you think about it, if they can only get you 150 diggs, they’ll refund you $75 of the $199 it costs. There’s also site called socialelves.com that costs $300, but I think they only give back $1/Digg under 200, so if you got 150 Diggs, you’d only get $50 back after spending $300, as opposed to getting $75 of $199 back with magicshovels.

So to answer your questions, 1) yes, someone I know tried it, and it worked great. He’s got thousands of subscribers since then and people are STILL clicking the link from digg, and he just gets tons of exposure naturally at this point. 2) I’ve never been able to get on the FP so I can’t help you here.

Actually I would think the opposite as being true. I wouldn’t trust individual diggers, especially since they don’t offer money back and can screw you over so easily since it’s not official deals. Not only that, but I’ve seen some charge as much as $500 or more. Personally my advice is give it a try. Like you said, not only is the cheapest, BUT they give you a lot of money back as a guarantee anyway. Plus they look professional AND I know someone it worked for, so you got little to lose.

Yeah, use a catchy title/description. I read that this is one of the most important pieces of advice on just about all social networks like Digg and is one of those make or break decisions you make.

addiktion, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. jsingh1022

jsingh1022 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies everyone, based on what's been said I think I'm going to try it out.

addiktion - I did come cross the socialelves site you mentioned it seems to be the only alternative, but like you noted it's more expensive. Also, after doing some googling I read some bad things about it.

So to anyone who wants to know I'll see how it goes and post the results back in a few days

jsingh1022, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. BenGregg

BenGregg Peon

Best Answers:
    To get to the top of Digg you need a very interesting article. It has to sell itself, don't rely on using outside sources to try to make it to the first page on Digg.

BenGregg, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  7. jsingh1022

jsingh1022 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone I'm back to report everything went well. I submitted on Monday morning and made front page later in the evening :D I can't believe I made it, I had a lot of doubts at first!

Overall, I would say the service is good - they were easy to work with and kept me updated consistently.

jsingh1022, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  8. MagicShovels

MagicShovels Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone, don't mean to bump an old thread but I stumbled on this while browsing around the forum. I'd like for anyone who is interested to know that we are currently running a special offer (15% off) that is exclusive to members of DP. You can view the thread here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1174080

MagicShovels, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  9. Jeffler

Jeffler Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fact there are people paying to hit the front page is disgusting.

My blog hits the front page quite often as I'm the dominant submitter for my niche (hockey), its not worth hundreds of dollars. Hell, I wouldn't buy a guaranteed front page for $20. And this is coming from someone who's currently ranked 120th on the 365 day digg top users list , with a popular ratio of over 30% (technically, mine is 17, but thats mostly old submissions from over a year ago, I only started FP'ing in October).

Jeffler, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  10. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    yes dig,twitter are great marketing tools ,But given prices for getting fp on dig is huge.I am sure if you try more you will get real jam who can do it at very low price.

jasoncreja, Jan 11, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.