1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone up for a multi-contributor blog?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mike323, Dec 15, 2009.

I was just thinking about the problem of generating legal but daily content for a site and I thought what if people looking to put similar content to put on their site teamed together and opened a joint blog account where everyone with access could post videos of the latest news related to whatever topic we agree on?

Why should the big websites with money only be able to do this?

We have so much power in our numbers. We should utilize it to our benefit.

If we got a bunch of people posting say videos with short captions of the latest news stories, there would be a lot of benefits to generating content this way.

1.) You could generate a lot of changing content for your site in a short time.

2.) With many people contributing, all at different times, you could take a break while content was still being generated.

3.) You contribute when you have something to share or you're online and have a few seconds to post something (It really doesn't take a lot to post something). So you can take a break some days and not worry about your site content stagnating.

4.) If some contributors are feeling ambitious about a subject they could post as much as they want about it, increasing the quality of the content generated. If we know the kind of content other contributors like, we can help them out if we feeling even more ambitious and post videos related to that topic.

Of course, one rule would be everyone involved can use the full feed to the content on their site.

Second rule would be no one would get paid. You post when you want to see certain content (along with the other poster's content) on your site.

Third rule would be no political or religious agenda's. No one promotes their political or religious agenda's.

So for instance, if you have an interest in the latest news in archeology, you can post a video about an archeological find so it with appear on your website but it will also appear on the website's of the other contributor's using the feed. That way you are still working for yourself but leveraging the work of others to our mutual benefit. They get the benefit of your posts, you get the benefit of theirs.

We could eventually have a whole content generating machine with different blog feeds devoted to different topics if we wanted, as powerful and active as the big websites.

If anyone wants to experiment with this how about we start simple:

We open a joint blog account where we all post the latest videos from around the net with short text introductions.

We all have access to the account and make posts when will feel we want a certain video on our site. Just check before you post something current to make sure somebody else hasn't posted it first.

I suggest using Blogger.com because I know how to create an rss feed with it that can display not only images but videos right in the feed.

Anyone up for it or wants to further pitch in ideas?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    mike323, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    pm me when this starts up. Looks interestinga nd what could be even better is it you use a spinner to spin articles so that one article can easily be 100 for everyone to use as unique content.

ElitePrime, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  3. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know what a spinner is but I am going to create a gmail account and send you the user name and password...We will only use it for our Blogger account that's all...Then I'll post a video with a caption to start us off and I will send you the rss feed link I use so that the feed can display videos in it....

Thanks for joining my effort! Once people see it works for us more people will join...

Btw, I hope I don't offend anyone but I think there is one more rule that is needed and that is that the content we generate be in english so different languages don't get mixed up on different sites.

If anyone wants to post in a different language they will be welcome to start a new blog under our account but not everyone can be expected to post to it since not every one knows multiple languages...

mike323, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  4. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog is started and info sent to ElitePrime!

If anyone else wants to join this is a great way to leverage the work of many people to your benefit.

Just remember, this first experimental blog will be strictly in english and about the latest viral and news videos with other categories and languages to come later when we have more members!

mike323, Dec 16, 2009 IP