1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use RocketTheme?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by charlietree, May 14, 2008.

Anyone buy templates off of rocket theme? specifically Joomla 1.5 templates...I am thinking about buying from them, but not sure if 1) its the best CMS or 2) if its the best place to buy them from..

charlietree, May 14, 2008 IP
  2. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    -Whether Joomla is the best CMS is a matter of debate. People will argue for Drupal, WordPress and Mambo.

-TemplateMonster has a lot of Joomla templates too.

mizaks, May 14, 2008 IP
  3. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i bought from joomlajunkie and it sucks ,
    but have heard about rocket that they have good support and handy designs

kodut, May 14, 2008 IP
  4. Nick252

Nick252 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nick252, May 15, 2008 IP
  5. Joomla Dude

Joomla Dude Banned

Best Answers:
    I wont recommend you to buy Rocketthemes. But if you are really looking to buy premium themes,then better to buy Joomlart themes. Its the best and their support is also nice..
    BTW,you can get all those themes for FREE ..:p

Joomla Dude, May 15, 2008 IP
  6. charlietree

charlietree Active Member

Best Answers:
    well the problem is that ive already bought from them..i mean i have membership so i have no choice...im kind of stuck...anyways I am having many problems with their templates...

charlietree, May 16, 2008 IP
  7. lagahit

lagahit Active Member

Best Answers:
    geeeeeeeees!! some premium theme hacks are now available..:).. this is also the reason why im rooting for joomla & wordpress coz those themes that I've envied before are now up for FREE while others are giving it for $1.00 lol! :)

lagahit, May 19, 2008 IP
  8. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about wht you want to achieve first and go around the template world to see what club fits your needs

rockettheme has very good technical support and nice templates
    templateplazza has very good specific templates, really quick to modify and use, support is not their best
    gavick.com has nice corporate stuff, support is useless
    joomlart has a lot of templates, multipurposed, but their support sucks

schlogo, May 20, 2008 IP
  9. dpk

dpk Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomlart has a new individual email support system. I haven't tried it because I've always found their forum to be all I need. I think support via the form is decent to above average. The one time I needed help with RT stuff, I got no replies in their forum.

JA and RT probably are the top two, offering the most for the lowest price. JA does tend to recycle its stuff and be a little glitchy, RT is the same but a little less so. JA has a ton of themes and extensions. RT's extensions are few but really solid. JA extensions are really smart, important functions, but it takes a LONG time for them to be any good, at least those included in the templates and as free software.

JA's themes seem more elegantly built and keep things simple, easy to customize. RT templates are just jammed up with stuff. Apparently all the plumage attracts buyers, but in practice it's a pain to work with if you want to customize the templates a lot.

JA is a little better than RT on SEO-oriented, semantic design. Neither one is into fully tableless, semantically valid templates--which remains "normal" in the Joomla world.

dpk, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  10. schlogo

Best Answers:
    the design of joomlapraise templates is too simple. They should put more money in it. I won t buy a template with too simple design. If I can do it myself, why should I buy i from joomlapraise? Look at rt, gavick, joomlart, youjoomla and templateplazza, coding, rt tribune or blogplazza , or the last sport from youjoomla would take me time , coding the last joomlapraise is something I could think about. So...so far, not enough to get me signed up there

schlogo, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  11. schlogo

Best Answers:
    you re doing poor advertisement here...it does not serve your cause very much . Don't overdo it, we got your point

schlogo, Nov 11, 2008 IP