1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone using MKportal and a forum as their cms solution?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ~kev~, Sep 3, 2008.

Right now I am using mambo with a bridged smf forum. There are several issues that are coming up. And I am finding the smf forum "bridge" not to be so great.

I tried this same thing with joomla 2 years ago and had the same problems. I was hoping the developers would offer true integration between smf and mambo / joomla but it has not happened.

Since Mambo / Joomla and smf do not offer full integration with each other, its time to find another CMS solution.

MKPortal has real integration with the SMF forum. Instead of using a bridge I thought about giving mkportal a try. In case anyone here has not heard of MKPortal, here is a link - http://www.mkportal.it/

So, can anyone give me a review on their MKportal experience, and maybe post an example site? I looked at the examples on the mkportal home page and I was impressed with the built in features. It looks like this CMS has just about everything I need, but I would like some opinions before I jump in.

~kev~, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  2. BigMark2008

BigMark2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried it, but it was way too confusing...

BigMark2008, Sep 4, 2008 IP