1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Free Email Providers Like yahoo, Google, Worth The Risk ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Phil_Conrad, Feb 16, 2011.

Hi everyone, we just completed a case study on a company that used Yahoo's business email service and encountered some very interesting issues.

I'm posting this to A) inform everyone.., and B) to solicit a response.

Question - as a owner or business manager do you feel it's worth the risk to run your business email over a provider's network that deals with an ultra high volume of traffic of which a lot of the traffic is spam ?

Case Study Eagle Aviation - http://www.infostreet.com/cloud-apps...e-aviation.pdf

http://www.infostreet.com/cloud-apps/email

Phil

Phil_Conrad, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  2. Maslova

Maslova Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been mulling on this recently actually. The savvy guys (uber techs and big webmasters) I know use paid providers. I am still using free ones. I am *almost* sold on the idea of paying for email, but then one must decide whom to pay.......

Maslova, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  3. VINC

VINC Member

Best Answers:
    I am using gmail and yahoo and I have to say yahoo sucks big time but with gmail I am very happy, spam doesnt bother me at all as it goes into spam folder straight away.

VINC, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  4. Maslova

Maslova Peon

Best Answers:
    gmail reads your email and dumps ads on you catering to the content...... yuk.

Maslova, Feb 16, 2011 IP