1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are free image hosting sites a good niche?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xTrYiPiCz---, Jan 12, 2012.

Well I recently thought of creating a free image hosting site, but I am not sure if it is a good idea.

Are these kind of sites successful? Or will they also waste a lot of money, as you will probably have to purchase a few servers, not just one dedi.

What do you guys think?

xTrYiPiCz---, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  2. tjcreation

tjcreation Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's something that's likely to cost you a lot without producing a lot of income. Hosting that much media can get very expensive, not just because of server space but because of bandwith for uploads/downloads. Also, there are already a great number of media hosting sites out there that are well-used. People aren't going to switch on a whim, meaning you'd have to advertise it, which also costs money.

tjcreation, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  3. hostavps

hostavps Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really think so, its just such an over saturated market let alone not very profitable as your only source of income is probably going to be ads. You would need your own server too as most hosts dont allow file hosts on their servers.

hostavps, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  4. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    It costs some money. And you can't be sure that it'll pay for itself in future.

Sam Gilmore, Jan 17, 2012 IP