1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are furniture stores profitable?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by adrian88, Jun 24, 2007.

1. carroli

carroli Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, it all depends on the owners. Because in our time, the sales market is generally very expanded, even in the field of furniture. There are many small shops, from which a chair will not last a month.
    Therefore, you need to know how to create a really good store that will make reliable furniture that will last for years. I think it takes a lot of time, effort and patience to invest in it, you need to be able to choose the right wood and other details to create a good product. Therefore, I can say that this business can be profitable only when you really create quality things.

carroli, Jun 30, 2023 IP
  2. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    There used to be a furniture store in my area that would run "sales" every holiday (on particular Columbus Day). But like any offline business, you run into the same issues: inventory, overhead, warehousing, employees, product costs, profit margins, etc.

Randall Magwood, Jul 14, 2023 IP
  3. mitchellstg

mitchellstg Peon

Best Answers:
    Old post but for those who see this, furniture usually has the highest markup of all products on the market. Ever notice how furniture stores are selling love seats for $3000? Computers are cheaper lol! Plus so many people need furniture. College students, new home owners, military members constantly traveling etc.

mitchellstg, Jul 19, 2023 IP
  4. hangglidingrat

hangglidingrat Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend owns a furniture shop, and despite the big overhead costs with the large showroom and staff, he's doing really well. They often have high profit margins on the furniture itself, which helps a lot. Plus, people buy furniture more frequently than we might think, especially with trends constantly changing and all those home makeover shows.

hangglidingrat, May 24, 2024 IP