1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are social networks all what they're cracked up to be?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by printex, Jan 13, 2012.

I wish someone had actual evidence of how marketing social media actually benefited them. There's only hearsay evidence and not much more it seems. I sell health-related books online and of course everyone tells me to do the facebook, twitter thing etc, but my current state of mind tells me it's not worth the effort. I certainly wouldn't want to pretend to be "social" when in fact all I'm really trying to do is sell books.

I wonder if all this "social media" stuff is over blown -at least when it comes to marketing.

printex, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  2. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    well, about your comment "I certainly wouldn't want to pretend to be "social" when in fact all I'm really trying to do is sell books.", you are right. this wouldn't sell.

The only thing that sells on a social media platform is to provide real value. that is key. How to actually EARN from this method is a course in itself :D

Hope this helped

PCOnline, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  3. bandito1

bandito1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with the real value point. For me I use social media more to offer quality content to my fans. It is less about selling things and more about creating a quality reputation. Social media is great to build your overall image!

Hope this helps!

-Will

bandito1, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  4. tjcreation

tjcreation Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is key in the social media arena. You aren't using social media to sell, you're using social media to increase your brand recognition and reputation. People aren't going to buy your health e-books right off of your Facebook page if they've never seen you or your products before. But if you have one customer that "likes" your page and shares it with their friends, and you are regularly posting relevant, interesting, good quality content to that page, your customer's friends will start to feel a connection with your books. They may "like" and "share" your pages too, continuing the spread. It's this feeling of a relationship with you that increases your sales, not just the existence of the page.

Basically, if you're going to use social media marketing, you do have to use it to be social.

tjcreation, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  5. isimrikasharma

isimrikasharma Peon

Best Answers:
    It for sure is not worthy to divert your energies totally towards them. But they surely help.

isimrikasharma, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  6. jchan24

jchan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, if you use social networking and blogging, they will all show up on Google SEO and people will be more aware of your product. People will trust your product if they see an official facebook page, twitter page, and blog.

jchan24, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  7. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want more clients, you just HAVE TO use social networking. It's how it works nowadays. and it's worth trying, I assure you.

Sam Gilmore, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  8. FreshCoast

FreshCoast Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media/marketing is the biggest thing coming, there is little stats and numbers of ROI but its there and the people doing it are making a killing

FreshCoast, Jan 18, 2012 IP