1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there any tools that help you create banner ads etc?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by AGrandioseBlog, Aug 6, 2007.

Hello, I'd like to create a couple of ads to promote my site, like the ones that advertisers in affiliate programs like commission junction, amazon etc have.

I want a couple; a 468x60 banner, a 250x250 rectangle and a 160x600 skyscraper.

Are there any tools, programs etc that can help me do this fairly quickly and easily? How are the links (javascript etc) generated?

Thanks!

AGrandioseBlog, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  2. Jokerv

Jokerv Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a amazing program that does that but its a paid program. It can make really nice banners. it has hundreds of preloaded effects and pre-made banners you can edit. Its called Flash Effect Maker.

thanks

Jokerv, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  3. thedomainsella

thedomainsella Peon

Best Answers:
    I mainly use Photoshop in order to make the images for the banner ads, and then transfer them into Flash in order to make them .gifs which multiple images.

If you have a low budget, try Ulead GIF Animator, I used to use that primarily for banner ads. Hope that helps!

thedomainsella, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  4. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ You make images in Photoshop and then use Flash to turn them into gifs???? Why??

You can make animated gifs in Photoshop (or GIMP for that matter). Make an image, add more layers on top, modify the image for each layer. Each layer is a frame of your animated banner. Flash will yes play those layers as an animation, but you gained nothing by sticking them in a big Flash movie file. You can set an animated gif (called banner.gif or whatever) on a webpage just fine. Use Flash to make vectored versons, for smoother movement (with MotionTween) or smoother gradients (gifs will make the gradients gritty because they're indexed colours, unless you have a large number of colours which then increases file size greatly).

However, if Grandiose Blog is unfamiliar with Gimp or Photoshop, s/he won't get any fast, easy banners. Flash might be quicker to learn with the right tutorials, otherwise something pre-made like Joker mentioned might be the only way to go.

Or, one could take the time (if they have it) to learn an imaging or film program.

Stomme poes, Aug 7, 2007 IP