1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Building Enough Back Links?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by desilator, Sep 28, 2008.

A few months ago prior to the last PR update I was new to blogging and was focusing my attention on domaining. While I was buying domains to add to my portfolio I noticed a lot of bloggers and site owners panicking and trying to obtain as many links as possible before Google updated PR rankings. It made me wonder why they all waited till the last minute to try and get links and increase the PR they would receive. In my opinion building thinks should be seen just as importantly as adding quality content to your site or blog.

After you have written something new for your blog or site you should spend the next few days trying to get more links pointing to your site. For me personally I try to increase my backlinks by 100 a day if it is possible. Obviously some days I just wont have the time to do this.

As I have mentioned before some of the easiest ways to increase your backlinks is by commenting on related blogs.. or posting on forums.. social bookmarking and submitting articles to article directories. One of the most common ways I get back links is by submitting my sites to all the directories I come across in a day.

People tell me that im wasting my time as these directories are all new and have no page rank. I beg the differ though. Every site starts out with no PR. If the person who owns the directory is serious about it they are promoting it and trying to increase back links as well. So when the next PR occurs that directory may actually jump up to a PR 2 or 3 and then pass on some link juice.

To sum it all up.. Dont forget to build links to your website or blog. Spend a day or two trying to increase the links that point to your site.

desilator, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not believe the sheer number of backlinks matters. I know of a site in the top 100,000 that has less than 50 back links.

I know of sites with 1,000's of backlinks that do not do as well.

So in and of itself more might be better, or it might ?

The bottom line is everyone wants/needs traffic. And each will have a different method.

My purpose in linking is always to generate traffic from the link itself not to pollute someones blog with spam because they are too inept or unskilled to know how to prevent it.

But to each his own.

internetmarketingiq, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  3. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyones practices should be to leave links that will potentially generate some traffic. I definitely dont condone shitty blog comments for a free link. Blog comments should always be respectable and add something to the blog.

desilator, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  4. prateek3012

prateek3012 Banned

Best Answers:
    What is the best strategy that i can adopt to build back links for my blog?

prateek3012, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  5. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) directory submission
    2) signature links in forums
    3) article submission
    4) blog comments on related blogs
    5) link exchanges via DP
    6) social network sites

Jackie_W, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  6. magicfire

magicfire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another way: Trying to submit your site to most of SE like besides Google such as Yahoo, MSN... You will get some good traffic from SE. So you need do it carefully and often submit sitemap (I used cronjob for submitting).

I think I will get some result in about 1 or 2 months...

Hope it's help all. :)

magicfire, Sep 30, 2008 IP