1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you happy? You should be its time to get your mindset right

Discussion in 'General Business' started by palmfanatic, Sep 17, 2015.

Are you panicking, scared and worried about money? Or are you frustrated and desperate to make that huge fortune and getting frustrated that you are not gaining any traction.
    I want to try and refocus your mentality in this post and make you rethink where you are in life .
    People become focused on money and what it can do for them, how they could buy anything , do anything and that it would make them happy.
    But is that necessarily true. Think back to when you were a teenager and you wanted the latest computer console , or when you got your first car , or iPhone 6 or whatever it was that you lusted after for weeks maybe even months.
    I am a total gadget addict , and I know I have been there many many times .
    But here is the thing within about two to three weeks of getting in my case the iPhone six plus . I am on the internet again reading reviews deciding if this phone or that phone would be better rather than actually enjoying the device I wanted so badly.
    My point here is that the material things , even the pile of money in your bank account won't necessarily make you happy.
    But setting money as your motivation and target could potentially drive your dreams away.
    People , they say can smell desperation a mile away so in actual fact your aims and money focus are actually putting a barrier in your path to success.
    Now that I have gotten all the doom and gloom out of the way I want you to think about what you do have and why you really should be happy already, and then we can concentrate on increasing that happiness .
    Think about your family, your children , think about what you actually have in life.
    We are all very good at blaming others or getting jealous but for the majority of people reading this post , you are actually significantly better off that the rest of the world.
    How do I know that ? Well the very fact that you are on this site , means that the majority of you ( I know some people may be in an Internet cafe or in a library ) have your own computer and means of accessing the Internet.

That puts you ahead of the majority of people in the world .
    You are educated and can read and write , and operate the computer and the Internet.

You live in relatively safe environments and you have so so many opportunities to do things that can and will make you money.

Warch people in the street . Those that walk along with a smile on their face cause positive reactions. People don't smile enough anymore and so if you are a positive person , trying to help others and with a positive attitude you will attract both other people and success to you .
    But if you are money oriented or scared due to money issues , you will effectively be puncturing a hole in your boat This then turns into a downward spiral of frustration and hurt

I am no psychologist but I want you to refocus your targets , your dreams and your mental attitude towards success and to actually think and be grateful for where you are now.
    Positivity wins all the time

Peter

palmfanatic, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  2. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a text file called "The Next Steps" which I try to read every 6 months or so. I write where I am and also the barriers to rising to the next level and then ideas of how I can get there. In 6 months I open it back up and this helps me remember where I am going and what I am doing so that if I am off track, I can get back on track.

Having perspective on yourself, your life and your goals is huge. You might find yourself standing around doing something you don't want to do and in a place you don't want to be. You can change that. It might not be something you can fix with the snap of your fingers but there is always a way.

scithe, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  3. everzach

everzach Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really great advice and put a smile on my face. These are great things to think about when you're done. My favorite part was about family. Thanks for sharing palmfanatic.

everzach, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  4. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Changing your relative perspective in comparison to others is not something that I would advise. I've met numerous people (mostly college students) that compare themelves to people living in third-world countries and say "I have it much better than them. I shouldn't complain." A lot of the times it not only stops self-pity, but a desire for taking action as well. They just accept their 5-9 jobs, because others have it even worse and there's a voice in their head saying "I should be happy with what I have."

There are people that can maintain a positive attitude about their life and surroundings, and still stubbornly follow their dreams without a hint of slowing down. But that's not the majority. I advise:

1) Not to compare yourself to others. These thought experiments to make you feel better (or worse) about yourself is a mild form of mental illness.
    2) It's OK to be disatisfied with what you have. Even if, in comparison, you're a spoiled brat who's got everything he needs and still wants more. Just redirect that disatisfaction, anger, feeling of incompetence into action. That's most important. If you're not doing anything and complaining, 1) you're end up nowhere, 2) nobody including yourself will like you.
    3) Do what you want to do and never give up, even if it means making sacrifices in your family, work, whatever. You'll more likely to regret saying to yourself that you've led a comfortable life guided by in the interests of others, than one where you've taken risks, failed several times, believed in yourself, and made sacrifices. Bumpy ride, yes, but you'll end up somewhere unexpected. That's for sure.

My best experiences are those where I did the opposite of what was expected of me. I suggest you do the same.

Abelo, Sep 22, 2015 IP