1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Self-Employed? What Do You Like About It?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by RyleyD, Aug 13, 2013.

?

Are you Self-Employed?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm not at the moment but definitley want to be

44.4%
    Hey everyone I was just wondering who on here is self-employed and if so what do you like about it? I am currently working to become self-employed. I think two of the biggest reasons that I want to become self-employed are the fact you are your own boss and that you get to choose when and where you work.

I recently wrote a blog post about the top 5 advantages of being self-employed. The five advantages are all reasons why I personally want to be employed. If you are interested in reading them you can check them out here http://millionaireintent.com/top-5-advantages-of-being-self-employed/

Anyways tell me your thoughts on being self-employed.

RyleyD, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's been a slow experience for me. I have finally gotten to the point where I am earning 100 to 500 a month from a little work from what I have done. It's been an interesting learning experience trying to just get this far.

Mike Carroll, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  3. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes i am self employed and i like it.
    The beautiful side of being self employed is that you can always determine what you want to earn and the time to work and not to work.
    Your income is unlimited,no pressure,no deadlines unless personal deadlines and you can actually decide what is good for you.

BRITTANEY86, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  4. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh, i am partially self employed. I work as a tuition teacher every mon and thurs, go to uni every weekday and manage my internet business for an hour everyday.

I teach tuition cos i like to help the weak students achieve grades the couldn't before. It makes me really glad when i see the sense of achievement on their faces when i help them achieve better grades. Call it a calling i guess. :)

I am 20 this year and i am a pre-grad, so i am currently studying my way up the educational ladder. Not that i really want to but, if i want to marry my girlfriend, then i need a degree, or says her parents. :)

This internet business is what is supporting me through my studies and supporting my life style now. I owe much to my mentor who taught me the skills of this trait, that allowed me to become self-reliant and what i am today. :)

I like being partially self-employed like this, but i think i will still go out to work a little in order to have more life experience, but having an income allows me the flexibility to quit my job anytime i want, and besides, because i am not relying on my job's income, i can do anything i want, regardless of the pay. :)

It is the freedom i like the most. :)

Howard Lim, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  5. MrLeN

MrLeN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am self employed most of the time :)

I still go through periods where I need to leave the front door and do some work, but those times are getting less and less.

I don't like working for other people, no so much because of the "work" - but people tend to irritate me.

MrLeN, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  6. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get to work from home and wake up whenever I please :p

scurvy, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  7. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have owned my own company for the last 5 years but at the moment its not doing anything and i am full time employed in a job :( I cant wait to get back to it though when situations change. I love the freedom to plan and do what needs to be done when I want to and also the ability to earn far more than I ever could in a regular job

treka3358, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  8. Doonker Hosting

Doonker Hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Self employed. You are in full control of your destiny.

Doonker Hosting, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  9. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Main target is money earning. If working for company and get a good pay. I will choose to for other.

But, if the wage is very similar amount, I love self-employed.

Better than work for other and self-employed is Passive Income such as having apartment for 30 rooms for rent and earn money.

Michael Leng, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  10. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Flexibility of doing it anytime you want and from anywhere in the World. No restrictions at all. ;)

Digital_shubhi, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Let's see... Working 70-hour weeks, lack of sleep, taking risks, sleepless nights (at times). Working for myself is fun!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    qwikad.com, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  12. Susan Velez

Susan Velez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am self-employed, haven't had a job in the past 3 years. I am going to school full-time though, but my income from the internet is paying the bills. Still working on improving my online income as it barely pays the bills.

My goal is to be making a full-time income online by May of this year. My goal is to be making a consistent $2,500 per month. While this isn't a great full-time living, it will pay the bills and then I will have some left over.

Right now, I am working on my very first product creation project. I finally got a mentor this year...which I believe has been the greatest move of all.

I love working for myself and don't want to work for anyone else. I call all the shots...it's the best way to work!

Susan Velez, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  13. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea! Hope you succeed on your dream...

Michael Leng, Aug 19, 2013 IP