1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Art, photography resources - any recomendations?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by eamo, Jan 23, 2008.

Hi All.Newbie blogger here wants resources for an arty wordpress blog. Any ideas would be good :) Also, are what are the copyright issues - i.e. can I just copy art/photos from other sites, or do I always need permission. Cheers!

eamo, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure about the site part, but as far as needing permission ... yes, get it. I know in general people do grab little, seemingly unimportant images from all over the web, and use them here and there without regard to copyright. But if you're starting a site dedicated to photos/images, you're most likely going to have quite a few images and digital photos from other people. If someone is a copyright holder to any of those images (and if they created the image and posted it on their own site, they are very much the copyright holder) and they come across your site, they will be quite upset.

Use google and include words like "public domain" or "royalty free". That should help. If you come across an image that you really want, and you don't know if it's public domain, just email the owner of the site the image appears on. Many people will say that you can't use their images, but some don't mind and will agree (for free, or perhaps by just agreeing to provide a link back to their site).

Dan

danparks, Feb 18, 2008 IP