1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ARTICLES on my website? Help!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sunchy, Jan 16, 2006.

Ok, I have a question My Friends.

If I add article example for ezine or goarticles, do you google penelize me for that content? :confused:

sunchy, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  2. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it is CopyRight Violation..

toughguy, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  3. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    No, unless you copy the entire site, html and everything.

Dejavu, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  4. stumpyPete

stumpyPete Peon

Best Answers:
    The conventional wisdom around here *seems* to be that posting duplicate articles on your site *will* be penalized by Google. I don't know if this is fact or just a rumor campaign instigated by Google to discourage the practice.

I'd love to see some posts on how this *duplicate content detector* (the dcd :rolleyes: ) actually works. It seems to me that the horsepower needed to compare 1 page on a website to every other page on the Internet would be a sizeable task.

Even more confounding is the task of comparing *sections* of one page to other *sections* on other web pages. Since most articles are "sliced" into a page template, I think that makes the task even more difficult. Lastly, how would it handle things like replacing "LCD" in an original article with "liquid crystal display (LCD)" in the copied version.

Again, I defer to the experts here that say this penalty exists, but please share with us how the mechanics work.

stumpyPete, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  5. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I think sunchy means submitting to articles sites.

The best way to do it is have different unique articles for submission and not post them on your site.

MattL, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  6. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh right, I misread the initial post..

Dejavu, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  7. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm to compare them they just compare the new indexed site for the pages already ranking for the pages keyword? Make any sense? :p We all know it takes them 1 second to get millions of pages to a specific query we type, so when they are being indexed another second to compare the articles is not much :p

Seiya, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  8. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    From my understanding you will not be penalized for adding an article. Meaning, your site will not get kicked out of the Google SERPs, but the page your article is on may not show or rank high in the SERPs due to 'dup content'.

I believe Google compares 'duplicate content' and deliver the results based on the PR of the page, the number of links back to the page, and possibly the origination (time first indexed) of the page. This will determine which article (page) will be displayed first or ranked higher in the SERPs, if it is duplicate content.

This is just speculation and has never been confirmed, but I think I'm on the right track. I have never seen a site penalized for duplicate content, unless it scraps the entire page or site, or uses redirects. I use article submission sites faithly and it always provides my sites great link popularity, but I write articles for the benefit of the reader, the linkback is just the perks.

The only probably with article submission sites is that anyone can pick the article up and its free to publsih. This is a call to spam sites. I know I have found my articles on sites which you would go to and as soon as you use the scroll bar it redirects you to a gambling site or something spammy. These spam sites use the articles for content to get indexed by the SERPs. That's why it is sometimes best to sell your articles to magazines/newspapers/newsletters/etc. or to share your articles with editors of trusted sites, opposed to submitting them to pick-up sites. The article thing is becoming more and more popular and will soon become overflooded with loose ends. I hope one of these search engines will do something to fight back and design a way to credit the author (and not the spammer).

antonaf, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  9. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree. There may not be any or much penalization for duplicate content now, but Google certainly won't become more tolerant of it and will most likely add filters. Presenting duplicate content is not a solid long term approach.

I also worry about submitting to the article sites and ending up getting linked from "unfriendly" sites, possibly resulting in a some sort of penalization (i.e. "Trust Rank"). It may be paranoid, but I just don't like the association it establishes with spammy sites.

MattL, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  10. libertines

libertines Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are worried you can always add a section of the article and then post your web-link for interested readers to visit your website to continue reading.... :)

libertines, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  11. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Friends :D
    OK,Then I will more investigate abou this or ask google to bee sure of course ...

sunchy, Jan 17, 2006 IP