1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ask] university cms with advanced feature

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by moonlight, Jun 27, 2012.

Hello there, I would like to ask if anyone know best content management system for university web portal?
    I need full complete feature with e-learning and e-library as well.
    I did search and got eduswift as a good reference but need some other additional feature like e-learning, e-library, student social network, student profile etc.
    hope you guys can give me reference such as open source cms or paid portal cms for university web portal or perhaps someone interested to develop it?

thank you.

moonlight, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  2. ishanjain2

ishanjain2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The choice of CMS shouldn't be dependent on what you are building but rather what you know better and feel comfortable to work with. All the major CMS - Drupal, wordpress and joomla, have all the basic features to build virtually any kind of websites and with the help of plugins and community support, you will be able to tweak your site to include any feature. You should decide whats best for you to work with.

ishanjain2, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  3. moonlight

moonlight Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi ishanjain, thanks for you reply.
    despite of the CMS maybe I should call web application, I'm looking for the good web application that already developed by an IT company or some guy and has a complete module as content management system already built in

moonlight, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  4. optimizare

optimizare Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen many universities that use Joomla (a very good CMS I might add) for this exact purpose. The advantage of using Joomla is obvious. You will have access to many free modules and plugins that will allow you to do pretty much everything you want with it.

Joomla is easy to learn if you don't know how to work with it already. The internet is full of tutorials for Joomla and you can also learn how make a custom template if the thousands already available for free do not satisfy you.

optimizare, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  5. ashtakshara

ashtakshara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might take a look at "moodle" and its plugins -- moodle dot org?

ashtakshara, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  6. miraclecanvas

miraclecanvas Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Look at Drupal

miraclecanvas, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  7. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Well there is no all in one cms for that, but you can use for website cms joomla, wordpress and for educational purposes you need to buy the software or use a hosted service...

extraspecial, Jul 23, 2012 IP