1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attention To Valuable Dp Writers!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013.

1. pigpromoter

pigpromoter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Textbroker has a couple of European sites too.

pigpromoter, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. contentdiva

contentdiva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Constant Content is good if you don't mind them taking a 35% cut of your wages. Still, it's good money compared to iWriter. Your writing skills must be top notched though, because the editors are brutal. Recently there has been a lot of good requests coming in for the mobile niche. I pick up a few projects in my downtime, but it's always better to manage your own clients and money.

contentdiva, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  3. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you get articles at that price, you know the quality you will get. If you want great articles, you have to pay the right price.
    I learned that the hard way.

Winagain, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  4. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP,

There is too much demand for articles these days, unfortunately because it's not that of a big deal to study how to write good articles, there is also a big supply. So it all comes down to how you market your services in this tough, but well expanded area. If you go cheap, just low ball your prices and get many clients, if you are good, find better areas where you can sell your quality articles, I'm afraid DP is for low prices items, and not just articles.

Eventually it's all a matter of supply and demand, I'm afraid articles aren't cars, they are an investment, so all the calculations are taking place when someone opens a new website and calculates his expenses. Because DP is a website where many newcomers come here to study and learn, you will have demand for cheap articles, find a place or a forum where many of its members are experienced, and have decent profits, they will want something of more quality and will pay more.

wounded1987, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  5. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ya but that is equal to the rates he is asking. I know iWriter ain't the best, was just a suggestion to help him out.

indyonline, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  6. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good grief, not this again. Every 3 months or so, I see one of these threads pop up.

A writers' syndicate is unachievable. The entry barrier is too low (or at very least is perceived so).

My advice, which is the same piece of advice I always deliver, is to not fight the market, since that is a losing proposition. The trick is to use your skills to attack different markets. That might mean specialization in a niche, moving on to technical writing, copywriting or PR, you get the picture. The idea is to move on to a market where the entry barrier is higher. The higher the barrier, the lower the competition and thus the higher the rate. Easy.

geegel, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. fanni

fanni Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree totally with Visionzzolution. It is a marketplace where we offer our services, and we are really working hard to earn our living. We also deserve good price. If any one decrease the price and offer low quality content, it will affect the total market place. So we should believe in our skills and take the rates that best suit our work.

fanni, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    Parker shown likes this.