1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banning Autoblog from copying my content?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by colossus, Jul 29, 2009.

Hi
    I recently found out that someone has been synchronizing my content using an autoblog. Is there any way from banning that person's autoblog from doing so? The main problem is that they have not been citing the article so it looks as if they have written the article instead.

Cheers

colossus, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  2. rockyg

rockyg Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you track down the IP of the autoblog and ban that? You could always ban that IP using .htaccess to prevent it ever seeing your site.

rockyg, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. colossus

colossus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any way of finding the specifc IP address for the autoblog? The autoblog I am specifying is www.howtofixcomputerproblems.com. I had a look through WHOIS but it only displays the ip address of the server.

4. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but if it's pulled from an autoblog can you just go to "Settings" then "Reading" and select "Summary" that should stop the full publication of the article. But if he just copied it to his website and it's already published then you'll have to try something else. I've heard someone mention contacting the major searchengines and filing some kind of complaint or order to get the website delisted, but you need to be able to prove you own the copyright.

http://samspade.org/whois/64.185.237.104
    http://samspade.org/whois/howtofixcomputerproblems.com

bob25, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. rockyg

rockyg Peon

Best Answers:
    Try ban the IP address of the server in the first instance.

After that you'll have to look through your access logs on your own server to check if the grabbing script is located on the same server or another one.

BTW, have you tried drop an infrigement notice on them ( A DMCA notice)? Send one to their host too.

rockyg, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  6. colossus

colossus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Banning the server ip using .htaccess seems to be working. thanks for your input.

7. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to check out the "bad behavior" script.. it stops most scrapers & bots so they can't even see your site.. also, if that site was stealing all your content, claiming it was theirs, with no link to the source, i would report the site to the advertisers that it uses.

Tearabite, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  8. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i like my autoblogs, but not crediting is integrity-less. imo. as i project on myself.

adbox, Aug 1, 2009 IP