1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic HTML to complex CMS. Worth it?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by oneawesomeguy, Apr 28, 2008.

Hi guys!

I own a design company and was thinking of switching over to a CMS for our website. I mostly want to do this as a project, but also don't want to do it if it will just hinder my site. The question: Should I switch my site running in pure html/css/very-basic-php-for-user-login to a complete CMS like Drupal? I really like what I have heard about Drupal, but have personally never tried it. Would it be too much of a resource hog compared to my simple 20-30kb pages (including images)?

If I switch to a CMS, here is what I am hoping to gain:
    -Login system with different privileges for employees and clients
    -Create a client page where they can download invoices and see some information about themselves, e.g., when their next payment is due, etc.
    -A totally different type of page system for employees where they can see how much money they have earned to date, etc.
    -An admin page where I can monitor all this

Do you guys think this would be easy to do? I plan on doing this myself instead of getting one of my employees to do it.

Also, plugin suggestions, critiques, etc. are appreciated. Thanks!

oneawesomeguy, Apr 28, 2008 IP