1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BBC feeds reader and poster....

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Important, Aug 14, 2006.

Hello,

I had written a rss feed + content reader that works with BBC and used it for posting technology articles on an IPB 1.3 forum. It reads the full content of a BBC article and adds the link to the original article in the footer as the source. (so no issues with copyright or such, but free articles for your forum which users will read on your forum. I know it's bit annoying going to another website to read the article and then posting a comment by copying/pasting the text from another window for quoting.)

I was wondering if $25 would be a fair price to charge and which forum softwares should I make it work with? (I am thinking of offering it for vB, and IPB 2.1) Ofcourse, it will be $25 one-time with usage limit of upto on 3 domains/sites.

I just wanted to know if people would be interested in it before I just go ahead with writing the rest of it. I may also sell it for once with re-selling rights if someone's interested, later on.

Well, it was a small solution lying around and I thought to cash it since it was done for free.

Thanks!

Important, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that's a copyright infringement even if you provide a link back to the original article

MattUK, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. Important

Important Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah maybe, but it's allowed for private, non-commercial usage.

Important, Aug 14, 2006 IP