1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Been approached to advertise on my site - totally new to this so need some advice!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by VictoriaAnn, Feb 9, 2010.

Hi,

Someone has approached me via http://victoriaanndesign.net and would like to 'sponsor a listing' on my site as an html text link to their company.

I haven't really considered this before although it sounds great and something I'm certainly interested in. Can anyone advise me of exactly what this means and how much to charge, where the ad should be placed etc so I can ensure I have all the necessary information prior to replying to the email?

It would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Vicki

VictoriaAnn, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The price of link is depend where they want to put their link at.
    If at homepage different price than subpage.
    And moreover did your site have any PR?

mentos, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  3. rockyg

rockyg Peon

Best Answers:
    And how much traffic do you get?
    Traffic and PR is used to determine how much you should charge. I'd also think about what you're linking to - make sure your visitors don't take it as a personal recommendation and that the link is clearly an advert.

If the advertiser doesn't want it looking like an advert I'd ask way more.

rockyg, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. VictoriaAnn

VictoriaAnn Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok it's a really low traffic site at the moment as I'm working really hard to get it established - say about 20-30 hits a day.

I imagine it would be a link on the homepage or on the sidebar which appears on every page.

Ok so newby question - what do you mean by PR? I mean, I know what PR is in the real world but what exactly do you mean in relation to a web site? Just advertising? If so, then I have info dotted all over the web, I also have started to concentrate on getting local business by printing flyers and dropping them into businesses.

VictoriaAnn, Feb 9, 2010 IP