1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best (cheap) Order Management software for a small business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LittlBUGer, Dec 12, 2008.

Hello. My small business that I started a couple months ago has been doing well and thus far, Excel has been doing OK for order tracking (other than Google Checkout which is my primary payment acceptance method). Yes, I know, using purely Excel is horrible, but that's what I have.

I'm looking for a better solution, hopefully free or relatively cheap (within a few hundred dollars), that deals with order management. I'd prefer a web-based solution, though regular software will do if it's good. My needs are mostly simple and include tracking the following for each order:

* Order Date
    * Item #
    * Item Description
    * Quantity
    * Buyer Info.
    * Is order paid and the date of payment
    * Payment processor used (such as Google Checkout, Authorize.net, etc.)
    * Amount Paid
    * Is it shipped and if so, the tracking number and company used to ship (UPS or FedEx)

It would also be nice to be able to track some additional information per order like the "alias" used by the buyer and if I've paid my supplier/drop shipper yet for the item purchased, etc. Like some custom fields maybe.

Another nice thing would obviously be to search these records, maybe create basic reports or totals, and to possibly custom add a few extremely popular items so that instead of me typing the item into the Item Description field all the time, I can select it from a drop down list with ease.

Heck, if it could get even more advanced, possibly integrating with Google Checkout or something so it knows the fees that were deducted from each payment (or have an area were I can put the fees/% in so it does it for me) or adds each new order automatically. This is optional though.

Anyway, that probably doesn't sound as simple as it should, but oh well. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know. Thanks! :)

LittlBUGer, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seem like you need a lot of feature to use.But i'm currently using http://www.coresense.com/ product under On-Demand Technology Platform.

mentos, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  3. dineshseo5

dineshseo5 Member

Best Answers:
    Apptivo has vendor management, inventory tracking, invoices, packing slips, supplier invoice, order id and more.

dineshseo5, Mar 22, 2016 IP