1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS Classified Ads

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by asad1912, Jun 16, 2011.

Hello everybody,
    I'll like to clarify from the start that I am not well acquainted with all the CMS and probably asking a stupid question so please don't be hard on me.

I am looking for a CMS to run a free Classified Advertisement site.
    I don't mean to spread the link aimlessly, but I want the site to be a lot like:
    http://www.olx.com/
    Code (markup):
    but not exactly the same of course.

Preferably a free CMS.

Should be search engine friendly.

Can let users comment or post adverts without register, but also has a register option if you want to manage your ads more. The comments and ads would be screened before posting.

Icons next to main directories.

Nice and clear listing while searching or browsing a category.

Not looking to advertise in the near future but must have a 'Featured Ads' box.

Register can be plain and simple, and if possible has the option to 'Connect with Facebook'.

The search module should be very effective.

As I said I am not very familar with Joomla or the sort, but if necessary will use them(and learn)
    I was hoping there was a separate CMS for this...or...if all the above features are available...then a Wordpress addon would do wonders.

I tried to be as clear as I can, thank you for reading my post. Please do help me out if you can.

Thanks
    Asad

asad1912, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  2. kajol

kajol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Drupal with ed_classified module..

kajol, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  3. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends made, if you want Classifieds withing other CMS system or just Classifieds as simple product. I would stick with the first option and I htink Kajol give you a good advice.

kalseo, Jun 17, 2011 IP