1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for a Review Website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by m1ndless, Jul 15, 2010.

I am working on a new site, and I was not sure what the best way to use a CMS would be.

I will be reveiwing products, and also have the option for member reviews.

I was not sure if I should use wordpress, and just do daily reviews of the products myself, and allow comments, but call them member reviews instead, or if I should implement a forum for the member reviews?

Also, if someone has posted video reviews of the product on youtube, can I post them on my site, or would I need the users permisson?

m1ndless, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  2. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    The forum ideas isn't so good.
    I strongly recommend Wordpress, it`s easy and you won`t have any problems.
    Another suggestion is Joomla, but I haven`t used too much so I can`t be precise

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  3. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is the forum idea bad? I figure this would be the best way for users to review?

m1ndless, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  4. m1ndless

m1ndless Peon

Best Answers:
    bump - advice?

m1ndless, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  5. ilovefireflies

ilovefireflies Peon

Best Answers:
    ok most likely you should be looking toward Wordpress for your site needs. and when it comes to calling them "member reviews" i would be careful. because you are looking to make multiple users in whatever CMS you are going to use. and get rid of the forum idea. you are looking for a ton of spam if you go with a forum.

also, if someone posts on youtube a review of a product, and you post it on your own site, you should be fine. i say this because i have seen many many people put other videos on other peoples sites. so i would not worry about it. however, i would be sure to read YouTube's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

ilovefireflies, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  6. ladylioness

ladylioness Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Niche Review Templates--just google it--it's for free.

ladylioness, Jul 19, 2010 IP