1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS For a Video Game Fansite/Gaming Site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by a745, Feb 18, 2012.

Hi guys. I have this fansite for a video game series. Currently, it just has news about the games and stuff, but pretty soon, I'm planning to make it really extensive (i.e. having directories/sections for each video game, with info, news, guides, reviews, previews, glossaries, etc.). I'm also trying to make the site visitors be involved by being able to submit reviews and fan works.

So, can anyone please give me a good (preferably free) CMS that would be able to give me all the functionality mentioned above? Thanks.

It'd be great if you have some example sites, too.

a745, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  2. jolamar

jolamar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress likely has the plugins you need. For example here is a customer reviews plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-customer-reviews/

-
    Lil Josh
    liljosh.com
    web developer

jolamar, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  3. a745

a745 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If possible, I don't want Wordpress though.

a745, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  4. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I run a video gaming website called MaxVideoGaming and I run it on Wordpress.

RadioBounce, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  5. a745

a745 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hrmm, looking at it, WordPress does have some plugins for gaming sites... I might check it out in the summer. Anyone else have other suggestions?

a745, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. usefulfitnesstips

usefulfitnesstips Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you want to do with it? if it's just a blog then you can get away with wordpress. If you want a database or something then you'll want a portal+forum or else something like Drupal.
    I use Drupal for my site, which provides a basic forum as well as with some customisation a custom resume for each user as well as an article database.

usefulfitnesstips, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  7. a745

a745 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really need a portal or a forum. Though I do need a database for the games, but that's pretty much it.

About Drupal, I heard it's pretty hard to learn, though? I'm not exactly well-versed when it comes to CMS softwares :(.

a745, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  8. aldosuwandi

aldosuwandi Peon

Best Answers:
    start studying the manual web-script if you want to build a good website. :p I thought using framework would be good too. CMIIW

aldosuwandi, Apr 1, 2012 IP