1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for Content Site w/long (up to 80 page) articles

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by WebCeoBlog, Jul 1, 2009.

I have a project that I am developing that has large bunches of related content - think ebooks - that I want to publish. I'm trying to find the right CMS to do this. I will want 2 series of navigation. One for the "ebook" content and one for the selection of which "ebook" the user wants. There will be some pictures mixed in on some of the content pages, as well as some advertising either in the sidebar or within the content area.

I've used drupal before and it seemed like a ton of work just to get the layout and menu's I wanted and then I found out to do what I really wanted would take a plug-in that hadn't been updated for the current version (I think it was 6.0 at the time). So no drupal.

Any ideas on what to use. I don't need any fancy html or flash. The homepage will be simple. Would joomla be a good fit?

WebCeoBlog, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  2. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are heaps out there.
    Maybe try using wordpress.

buckmajor, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  3. tonymontana

tonymontana Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend WordPress CMS. Using the right plugins, WP could become a powerful CMS. I use it to develop websites for my clients.

I can help you. Send me a PM.

tonymontana, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. mustafaneguib

mustafaneguib Peon

Best Answers:
    hi i can customise Theeta CMS for your needs. It already boasts an advanced blog based software which allows you to upload your ms word file along with your article (this feature is only available for site admins of websites using Theeta CMS).

mustafaneguib, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  5. TheRookie

TheRookie Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had pretty good luck with drupal and the opposite with other cms. I guess its preference but there are a lot more themes now for drupal than their used to be. I found a small article on drupal themes and benefits of drupal. Of course drupal.org is the best place to go.

TheRookie, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you might want to consider a Wiki instead of a CMS. With a WIKI you can interlink the articles easier then you can through a regular CMS.

~kev~, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  7. WebCeoBlog

WebCeoBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the ideas. I like the ease of use of wordpress, but it sounds like drupal is better suited for the size of the content (80pgs).

I've tried authoring one website with drupal and after getting ahold of the terminology - nodes, pages, etc.. I found that the customization that I wanted to do which should have been pretty standard required a plug-in that hadn't been updated. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

WebCeoBlog, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  8. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    My friend, are you still looking for a simple CMS? If so, I have just started using cmsms (cms made simple) and figured out how to set up basic pages. It's very easy to use, but this will depend on your expectations: http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/

Hope this helps.
    CHEERS :)

buckmajor, Aug 9, 2009 IP