1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for embedded video site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Vcize, Jul 29, 2009.

I am looking to put together a site in which I post videos for a particular niche.

I want to stress first off that I will NOT be hosting the videos on this site. I'll be uploading the videos to youtube and simply embedding them in the site. So actually being able to upload the videos and whatnot is not necessary.

Now, what I would like, is to be able to have a landing page that explains the site, and maybe on the sidebar has a couple of the newest videos, and a couple of the most popular. Then, I would like to be able to sort the videos by category (and possibly sub-category), so the user can view just videos (and accompanying descriptions) of a certain type.

It would also be nice to be able to include a blog with the site where I can update viewers on my work in progress, and put up new videos with an accompanying story, but I wouldn't necessarily want the blog to be the main page for the site (rather something you can click on from the landing page).

So, what CMS would be best for me? I only have experience in Drupal, and even that is very limited and was a bit tricky to get layout stuff working, which would seem important for this type of site.

Or, am I better off going with something that's not a CMS per se?

Vcize, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  2. rockyg

rockyg Peon

Best Answers:
    You could use Joomla with a video module installed. hwdVideoShare is a good module if you want to pay for it. I think there's a free version also.

rockyg, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. grandllama

grandllama Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've seen some great video sites done in WP and Joomla. I would say a decision like this lies with the CMS that you are most comfortable with.

grandllama, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with Wordpress. Check my site CoolCars.TV - I'm embedding automotive videos from Youtube on it.

andrej, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  5. Vcize

Vcize Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think I'm going to give Wordpress a shot. Any recommendations on which mod to use? I've heard videoshare (I think it's called that) is a good one.

Vcize, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  6. Vcize

Vcize Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any modules in particular that would good to use with wordpress for this? I'm just looking for a way to put up my youtube videos, maybe some blog posts about them as they go up or about what I'm working on next, and to keep them organized and easily searchable for users.

I couldn't find anything called videoshare...

Vcize, Aug 12, 2009 IP